Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new around here and i have a small question,
i tried finding the answer for it on the forum and also googling it but with no luck.
so here goes - my family recently purchased a masda 3-s 2005, i am a real music freak, and when i put in an audio cd, the display wont show the songs title, only the number of the track and how much time it is playing. pushing the display knob and turning it around wont change a thing - seems like its useless.
Is there something wrong with the system or is it impossible for it to display the song titles? because im pretty sure it should work.
or perhaps im missing something here and there's a way to fix this.
This might seem like a minor problem but its realy frustrating for me.
any help would be much appreciated.
cheers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
are youre mp3 tagged with the ID3 tag?

I'm an audio freak too so I compile a MP3 cd so it will playa bands entire discograpy. The problem with the BOSE system is that it plays by numerical then alphabetical order. If you burned your CD as an audio CD, it will show the song name on the display (assuming you tagged correctly) but MP3 CDs will not. I've beat my brain on this and tried from Roxio 6 to 2009 and Nero. But I'm determind to find an answer so i'll keep working on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=NuClearSounds link=topic=135327.msg2912715#msg2912715 date=1233787926]
are youre mp3 tagged with the ID3 tag?

I'm an audio freak too so I compile a MP3 cd so it will playa bands entire discograpy. The problem with the BOSE system is that it plays by numerical then alphabetical order. If you burned your CD as an audio CD, it will show the song name on the display (assuming you tagged correctly) but MP3 CDs will not. I've beat my brain on this and tried from Roxio 6 to 2009 and Nero. But I'm determind to find an answer so i'll keep working on it.
[/quote]

Yes the mp3's acording to winamp are tagged with the id3 tag.
i should note that i was refering to cd's that i burn in audio format - and NOT an mp3 data cd with complete discoraphy's (which im quite sure the system cannot read).
so sorry if i mistaken you.
As for now, no matter what cd i put in, it just wont show anything BUT the track number....realy frustrating.
Thanks for the quick reply m8,
ill be happy to hear some more. and maybe a possible explanation/solution since it doesnt seem to have anything to do with the id3 tag.

·
Registered
29 Posts
just out of curiousity, can you detail for me which platform (Mac or Windows or Linux) and software you are using to burn your cds with. There might be one little thing you are over looking. For example heres my setup:

Windows XP Pro with SP3 and Nero 9

My mp3s are tagged and I verify that with Windows MP 10, WinAmp 5, and iTunes 8
I use Nero 9 and hit burn audio CD
Tags show up on my 2009 Mazda3 LCD display

·
Registered
263 Posts
The song titles from regular Audio CDs won't get displayed in our Mazdas. Sorry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=NuClearSounds link=topic=135327.msg2914773#msg2914773 date=1233861567]
just out of curiousity, can you detail for me which platform (Mac or Windows or Linux) and software you are using to burn your cds with. There might be one little thing you are over looking. For example heres my setup:

Windows XP Pro with SP3 and Nero 9

My mp3s are tagged and I verify that with Windows MP 10, WinAmp 5, and iTunes 8
I use Nero 9 and hit burn audio CD
Tags show up on my 2009 Mazda3 LCD display
[/quote]

I use winamp 5 and Nero 8, the songs titles of the cd's i burn do get displayed in my fathers toyota corolla. so its the exact same settings.

[quote author=fixxer link=topic=135327.msg2915060#msg2915060 date=1233866860]
The song titles from regular Audio CDs won't get displayed in our Mazdas. Sorry.
[/quote]

what do you mean by "regular Audio CDs"? (and does this means that they will get displayed on other cd's?)
thanks for answering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=icspots link=topic=135327.msg2916783#msg2916783 date=1233915846]
ID3 tags only get displayed on Mz3 HU's with Mp3 CD compatibility. The standard '05 HU isn't Mp3 capable, therefore won't display song info.
[/quote]

Well thats a bummer. thanks for the info m8.
wish there was a way to do something about it without changing the all system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts