Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my area does not have any M3-S four door sedan's have a question. Does the back end have the "lettering" of "S" or some other designation that the M3-Sport sedan is the "S" version?

Thanks.

Kevin

·
Registered
882 Posts
I don't think there is any designation (in NA at least) for any of the models. As far as I know the only way to tell would be the nice styling appointments.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Tailights, Sport Bumpers and 16" wheels are exterior cues for S models with 2.3 engines on the sedan without sport packages. All wagons have full sport packages and are 2.3L models.

For 2.3 models in the brochure there was a side "2.3" designation. However, rumors are the badges weren't produced in quantity to cover all the cars. I believe they're not available for the US until later this year (if at all).

For myself, I may ebay a "Type-S" badge from Honda and put it under the Mazda3 rear badge (though mine is a S sedan). :twisted:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Blah, no fake badges from other automakers for me. :\ I didn't get any 2.3 badges myself, I don't know if I'd want them as it is. i'd have to see them in person I think.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The obvious way to tell if it is an i or an s sedan is to look at the front. The grill, just below the front of the hood is black on an i, where as on an s it is the body color (silver on my car). That is how they are distingushed in the US.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The only problem with athat mnemonicj is that you can buy the sport grille as a dealer installed (or self installed) option from Mazda.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
There was some concern with the Mazda6 that the "S" designation would mean "sport" and that insurance rates might be grossly (inappropriately) adjusted due to the designation. I was wondering the same for the Mazda3.

Anyone have experience with this for either car?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Anyone that actually puts a "Type S" badge on their car gets shot.

By me.
Now THAT was the reaction I was expecting to recieve! :D I'm looking for a S by itself (boxsters have a separate S, and one on ebay is chrome!)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I think people tend to snicker more than gawk in awe at transposed stickers. Kinda like "Yeah, that guy wishes he was in a Honda. Pfah"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts