Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys noticed?? mazda3 is kind of slow..
i don see much difference from honda civic..
its got much lower HP but .. since it has vtec engine.. well.. i don know..
mazda3 is kind of weaker than what I expected..
what do you think?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Mazda has the equivelent of v-tech aswell(Variable Valve Timing), seems like B.S. 2 me.

Civic owners could spend thousands just to equal the HP of a Mazda 3.

127Hp for a decent looking EX(coupe) model snail car, or 160Hp for an over priced(MSRP 19,000USD) ugly Si model.

When you can have a 160Hp sweet looking Mazda 3s, for only 17,000USD. 17,500USD for a hatch.

The only good looking honda this year is the Accord Coupe, WTF are they thinking with the vaccum cleaner looking Civic Si, and that box on wheels with Tyco toys body molding element???

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
BMM3 said:
I think you're full of $#!+
The guy is just expressing his opinion...no need to be rude like on other boards.

But to answer your question, the 3 is fast....It just doesn't feel fast because of how well it's built. At first you have to be carefull because you are always going faster than you think....so I'd say the 3 is playing a trick on your mind. hehe.

·
Registered
272 Posts
This is an economy car. Why are people so concerned about speed? Guess what, in regard to economy cars, as long as the vehicle has enough power to merge and pass highway traffic, it's fine by me.

I'll be concerned about power when I can afford a V8 BMW or Lexus. Don't confuse the Mazda3 for something it's not.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The regular Civic with the 1.7 liter engine and 127HP does the 0-60 in about 8.5 seconds with a manual transmission. The Civic Si improves on that quite a bit and is competitive with the Mazda3, but only the HB. The Mazda3 sedan is consistently faster than the Civic Si.

For $17K, there are very few cars that accelerates faster than the Mazda3s sedan. Name a few and I'd be impressed.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Damnit people, if it can merge and pass and dispose of a few lesser cars at the stoplight what more could you possibly want?

Instead of bitching about it here, why not get a[nother] job and save up for something that'll really make you happy?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Come on guys..this is blatant troll baiting, don't be weak minded and fall for it..getting all angry and cursing. It's just some semi-literate kid (from Richmond not doubt) who wants to see how many Mazda fanatics he get get to stomp their feet in indignation over a lame slur on a hook.

vermin

·
Registered
272 Posts
vermintrex said:
Come on guys..this is blatant troll baiting, don't be weak minded and fall for it..getting all angry and cursing. It's just some semi-literate kid (from Richmond not doubt) who wants to see how many Mazda fanatics he get get to stomp their feet in indignation over a lame slur on a hook.

vermin
I know, I agree with you, but these kinds of posts come up over and over and over and over again. It just gets frustrating sometimes. Mazda3Forums.com is one of the best automotive communities on the Net and over the past few weeks I've just been seeing more and more pointless, unconstructive posts...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah I know, and I wasn't referring to you specifically USC, but I hate seeing guys retaliate with knee-jerk tirades that just have these idiots giggling away at the havoc they create. I used to frequent some Audio/Vid forums when I was researching home theater equipment and it was pathetic, some boards didn't have a single thread without a troll trying to incite argument. The worst part is that these troll posts are very obvious, yet people fall for them every time.

vermin

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I dunno, my brother said that my 3s sedan out accelerates his 2001 Celica (forgot what trim he has).

Plus, 0-60 time is 7.4seconds by some accounts (and some even faster).
And it gets to 65mph at 2nd gear and 6500rpm. I think that's pretty effective.

·
Registered
889 Posts
LeeLee said:
The regular Civic with the 1.7 liter engine and 127HP does the 0-60 in about 8.5 seconds with a manual transmission. The Civic Si improves on that quite a bit and is competitive with the Mazda3, but only the HB. The Mazda3 sedan is consistently faster than the Civic Si.

For $17K, there are very few cars that accelerates faster than the Mazda3s sedan. Name a few and I'd be impressed.
How is it that the sedan is consistently faster than the Civic Si? Do you have some numbers you can show us? Also, how is it that the sedan would be faster than the HB? They have less than a 60 pounds difference.

·
Registered
889 Posts
USCMazda3 said:
vermintrex said:

vermin
I know, I agree with you, but these kinds of posts come up over and over and over and over again. It just gets frustrating sometimes. Mazda3Forums.com is one of the best automotive communities on the Net and over the past few weeks I've just been seeing more and more pointless, unconstructive posts...
No, you got it right the first two posts. The fact of the matter is, half the people on this board has no concept of the word "power". They've never driven anything that would remotely be considered "fast" by people who drives "real" sport cars. Sh1t, you got people who are b1tching about fuel economy.. oh... I got the 2.0 because ah.... its.. lighter... and it's better on the fuel economy... and it is just as fast as the 2.3... LOL Dude, get an education, get a real job with a real income and I bet they won't be saying the things they are saying on the board.

The moral of the story is, be happy with what you got. But know this... you are driving a Mazda3 not a M3. And yes, the Mazda3 would be considered slow by lots of people. Just not to the highschool kid who just upgraded from riding a bicycle to school. Maybe that kid ba8o81 is trying to start sh!t, but if you are secure enough with what you got then you wouldn't care.

·
Registered
420 Posts
M3-GT said:
BMM3 said:
The guy is just expressing his opinion...no need to be rude like on other boards.

But to answer your question, the 3 is fast....It just doesn't feel fast because of how well it's built. At first you have to be carefull because you are always going faster than you think....so I'd say the 3 is playing a trick on your mind. hehe.
Well, I'm just expressing MY opinion.......and who says his comments aren't rude, kinda like having an unwelcome guest at a party :wink:

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
BMM3 said:
M3-GT said:
BMM3 said:

Well, I'm just expressing MY opinion.......and who says his comments aren't rude, kinda like having an unwelcome guest at a party :wink:
I know bro ;) Just saying he doesn't deserve that we get all worked up about his comments. I like this board. On other boards often people behave like immature pricks. I know his post was kinda silly but leave that spaced out kid alone...he doesn't deserve that we waste more energy on his post. I'm done with this stupid thread

·
Registered
254 Posts
i got it up to a buck twenty last night.. blew by a few hooked up civics, possibly a celica or 2.. no one wanted it

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Mazda3 will be faster than a Celica GT, not the GT-S. It should also be good enough to compete with non Type-S RSXs.

But the thing is, those vehicles above have a different purpose-to be sporty. The Mazda3 is intended to be a family car that can be sporty. Very different purposes.

All I can say is "be happy the Mazda3 is considerably faster than the Protege (barring MazdaSpeed ones)"

·
Registered
509 Posts
I thing the MZ3 is not made for the 0-100km, because the tires are big (bigger diameter = less torque) and the weight (ex. 300 ponds more than a civic that's alot). But the motor still (2liter) has 148hp and135torque, which makes it a strong motor(Going up a hill, loaded car, wind, etc). That is the kind of motor I like. Strong, sturdy, and also revvy and smooth to the ear. Cool 8)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ba8o81 said:
what do you think?

THanks for reply guys. There is a part that I dont understand.. some people think my post is immature??? is it that necessary to lose temper and be all aggressive?? I think that kind of overeaction is really really immature... some should know how to control yourself... Yes, i am not a kid.. Im old enough to think what is right.. Like some said, Im just tellin my opinion.. I was just wondering if there was any problem with my engine .... Mazda3 was really smooth and fast during da first few days after I picked up. .. Now, Im wondering if there is a problem.. plus.. I hate kids who curse..

·
Registered
420 Posts
ba8o81 said:
ba8o81 said:
what do you think?

THanks for reply guys. There is a part that I dont understand.. some people think my post is immature??? is it that necessary to lose temper and be all aggressive?? I think that kind of overeaction is really really immature... some should know how to control yourself... Yes, i am not a kid.. Im old enough to think what is right.. Like some said, Im just tellin my opinion.. I was just wondering if there was any problem with my engine .... Mazda3 was really smooth and fast during da first few days after I picked up. .. Now, Im wondering if there is a problem.. plus.. I hate kids who curse..
:cry:

1 - 20 of 179 Posts