Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my THIRD Mazda 3 hatch, 2021 and love it.
It seems that all of the posts on the Mazda 3 forum relate to questions about older cars.
This new car of mine has so much terrific high tech stuff that I've had questions pop up. I've been generally able to find answers at the dealer, other websites, but I think it would be great to have a forum/sticky thread where owners of new Mazda 3's (current generation) could ask questions and receive help from other owners.
Any thoughts on that?

· Registered
368 Posts
There appears to be a greater percentage of newer 3 owners at Mazda3revolution.com and Reddit's /r/Mazda3 subreddit.

· Registered
40 Posts
It seems that all of the posts on the Mazda 3 forum relate to questions about older cars.
This new car of mine has so much terrific high tech stuff that I've had questions pop up. I've been generally able to find answers at the dealer, other websites, but I think it would be great to have a forum/sticky thread where owners of new Mazda 3's (current generation) could ask questions and receive help from other owners.
Any thoughts on that?

· Registered
40 Posts
I've had two 08's and now have a 19. Overall, I liked the 08 better. But the 19 is nice. I'll start with the bad. The "safety" features are, for the most part, anything but safe. The car has self braked 4 time. All were inappropriate. I know that's subjective buy suffice to say that all four times I already had my foot on the brake and was stopping the car in a timely manner with no need of assistance. Only this summer did an update come out that allowed turning that off without turning everything off. Must be turned off every time you drive. Same for automatic electric parking brake. Would like to have that surgically removed. Automatic high beams can, fortunately be turned off permanently. Would have got rid of the car over that one. Radar cruise control slows you down if it doesn't like your distance from the car ahead of you. Must be turned off every time. And regular cruise has been glitchy and Mazda still doesn't have a fix. Auto rain sensing does not give you the full range of the already wimpy windshield wipers. They're sad compared to the ones on the 08. All the radar features are controlled by sensors that are blinded by heavy rain so they cut out when you need them most. They eliminated the auxiliary stereo input for 19. I won't elaborate on that. It's a topic for a whole other post. And, yes, it's a personal problem. But I hate it so badly that I could see myself getting rid of the car because of it. For me it's right up there with fake spare tires. Another time.
The good. Mazda said their aim was to make the handling during ordinary driving really good. Yep. I don't find it quite as much fun on twisting back roads as the 08 although it does handle them well. But overall, it handles like a dream. Pushing "ordinary" a bit, I can throw it into a 90 deg turn way faster than I should and it just does it. I don't know how the torsion arms are going to hold up. I know you can't adjust them. But, for now we're good. I found a difference between the Premier seats and the lower level ones in terms of comfort. All day and I can stand up straight when I get out. I'm almost 70 and have a crappy back. Acceleration is about on par with the 08 but "sport mode" does appear to help some. G engine. They got rid of the touch screen for 19. Yay!! I know for most people that's a minus. But I hate touch screens and really like the console mounted controls. I can run them without ever looking at them. I can even turn off the crap I don't want without looking at the screen. Well, most of the time. I miscount once in a while. Road noise control is much better than the 08. Love the blind spot sensors and really love the rear cross traffic sensor, even if it does pick up traffic 50 yds away. Easier to change oil than the 08 but still need the extension ramps. More than you wanted to hear? Sorry. It's safe to ask questions. I can't do that twice in a row.

· Registered
1 Posts
Any thoughts on that?
I like this idea. I'm a first time Mazda owner I have a 2020 Mazda 3 hatchback.

My experience is with Toyota cars. I'm a total newbie when it comes to Mazda's.
I'm very disappointed with how the windshield defrost works on the driverside. The passanger side windshield clears up way before the driverside windshield does. Seriously it's ridiculous. Plus I've had condensation on the inside of the windshield, I'm talking droplets of water. I've had the car dealerahip look at the defrost issue I'm having and they say that there is nothing they can do. I find it hard to believe that no one else has an issue like this with there Mazda3 Hatchback. That is of course unless they are living in a warmer client. I live in Oregon. Any thoughts on this?

Marianne...

Any thoughts on that?

· Registered
40 Posts
I like this idea. I'm a first time Mazda owner I have a 2020 Mazda 3 hatchback.

My experience is with Toyota cars. I'm a total newbie when it comes to Mazda's.
I'm very disappointed with how the windshield defrost works on the driverside. The passanger side windshield clears up way before the driverside windshield does. Seriously it's ridiculous. Plus I've had condensation on the inside of the windshield, I'm talking droplets of water. I've had the car dealerahip look at the defrost issue I'm having and they say that there is nothing they can do. I find it hard to believe that no one else has an issue like this with there Mazda3 Hatchback. That is of course unless they are living in a warmer client. I live in Oregon. Any thoughts on this?

I 'm guessing that you have dual zone climate control. My car has it. IMO it's a feature that causes far more problems than it solves. Regardless, if you can't get it taken care of by the dealer, contact Mazda direct and describe the problem, something the dealership should have done themselves before telling you they couldn't fix it. Also consider trying another dealer. You may have to go out of your way to do it but they're not all created equal. That sounds like a real nuisance and they should be able to fix it. Document your visits to dealerships for this issue. Don't let them look at it informally and tell you it's not something they can fix. Get it in writing.

· Registered
2 Posts
I own a Mazda 3 2021 sedan, which I love. I have only owned Toyotas. This is my first Mazda, and the driving experience is so much more enjoyable in the Mazda than in any Toyota I've owned. I actually love to drive this car. I think the only downside is how easily the interior plastic scratches. I also get occasional squeaks. I think it's coming from the seatbelt holder. I'm still under warranty, so I'm sure it can be easily fixed. Overall, I think Toyota sells a solid line of cars, but I personally never found the Carolla or Camry to be fun to drive. The Mazda 3 is a joy to drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts