Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i have a question.....this may seeem kinda dumb, but i want to change the stock headlamps on my mazda 3 to after market ones. Couple reasons why though, firstly my lens got kinda messed up and i dont know if anyone else had this problem but, my HIDS are restricted with the projectors, i hate that, so i was looking for aftermarket headlamps that could possible fit cleanly into the mazda 3....n e one got any ideaS?

· Registered
15,107 Posts
[quote author=edrection link=topic=65209.msg1118730#msg1118730 date=1166921925]
Dont the projectors make the light brighter? Guys in hondas upgrade to projector beams.
[/quote]

Not so sure about brighter... but the light is directed a lot better and "projects" (no pun intended) better. It also allows for upgrades to HID lighting, whereas a regular housing just kind of scatters HID light all over the place.

· Registered
802 Posts
Yeaa... I think that the projectors were one of the selling points for me... reflectors don't look really good imo... HID reflectors like on the Altima SE-R look like blue halogens from afar (and those are made for HID). regular reflectors with HID means you'll get arrested because you blind incoming traffic.

· Registered
412 Posts
For reference: Projectors is just a different way of getting the light on the road. Vertex headlights (non-projector) use reflection as their main means of directing the light. A vertex beam basically is like hundreds of tiny mirrors molded out of plastic to direct the light. Projectors use a smooth curved surface to project the light forward, then it gets cut by a shield of somesort, and finally, it goes through a lens to allign the light properly to the ground.

Projectors have many benefits over vertex, but the most notable are size (projector systems can be significantly smaller which allows them to be put into smaller housings) and their ability to direct light accurately onto the road while significantly reducing, or eliminating glare onto oncoming traffic.

Going from a projector to a vertex in my opinion would be a downgrade.

· Registered
1,531 Posts
you should probably check around the civic forums and see if you can pick yourself up a set of 12000k HIDS as well. Then not only would they piss everyone in the world off but they'd be completely worthless as well! For the love of god, please keep your projectors

· Registered
975 Posts
While bunch of us are trying to figure out how to retrofit projectors into fogs, you are trying to get rid of your projectors.

HIDs without projectors are only good for
a) Show off
b) Piss people off

I think I might get HID high beam one day for reason b) but I would never downgrade my projector low beam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.