Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 2009 Mazda 3 HB. Im looking for some sport/lowering springs. i just got the Eibach Sportline but they did not fit. top mount is smaller on the stock ones. i couldnt get it to work. Seeing if anyone on here, can offer me some help, on the ones i need. i was thinking ones that fit the mazdaspeed. but im not sure. thanks for reading.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i only got the front off and seen that the top of the stock springs are curled in (smaller at the top) and the eibach were more the same size thru out the spring. i think the company sent me the 4-door models. but i thought they would be the same. im just not sure. or if 2009 is just different

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
[quote author=Mazda_Spaz link=topic=137796.msg2972638#msg2972638 date=1236058502]
well i only got the front off and seen that the top of the stock springs are curled in (smaller at the top) and the eibach were more the same size thru out the spring. i think the company sent me the 4-door models. but i thought they would be the same. im just not sure. or if 2009 is just different
[/quote]

They are the same, are you sure you are not looking at the rear?

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Yes, it sounds like you were trying to put the aftermarket rear springs onto the front struts. Did you receive a full set of sportlines? The other two should be larger, with the flared out shape just like the stock springs... those two are intended for the front struts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i did get the full set of sportlines. and thats the thing, the bigger ones for the front did not flare out. (well in) the cover to set the spring on the shock does not fit to mount it.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Sounds like you got the wrong ones then. What's the model #? Cross-check it against the model # listed for your car on one of our sponsor's websites.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts