Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a definite answer to those people that have successfully put a colored "GT/GFX" grille in replacement to their honey comb grille that came on 3i GX/GS model. Been digging through the posts and it still seems that there's no conclusion as to whether it works or not. I've been able to conclude that it does with some cutting or trimming since its slightly bigger?

I have a Canadian 3i. And was hoping to purchase the colored grille. Any pics of people successfully doing this mod? I'd prefer the OEM grille, otherwised I would've look into the ones on eBay.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
It works without any modification.

jdanielsg installed that grill onto his without any problems.

BTW replied back to your PM.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you need a sport grill for a 4 dr. I have one its titanium grey. I bought it by error I have a 5 dr.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
what year is you i model . . . i have an 07 and i heard that the grill is attached to the bumper on the 07, can anyone confirm this? i am curious cause i would like change my grill @ some point as well . . .
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
For 07 Sedans, s model/GT is integrated, i model/GS,GX is removable. But AFAIK, there is no alternative grilles for the 07's so far.

Hatches all years are removable and interchangable.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
well at least i know i have some options for the future ... all us 07 owners get a lot of slack for the new snowflake rims, body changes front/rear, chrome strip on the 'i' models, etc. etc.

hope someone will start making an aftermarket grill for the 07 i's soon, but i guess i shouldn't hold my breath!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Give it time, it'll come out sooner or later. I've seen those stock chrome grilles and IMO they look ugly.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
see everybody hating on the i model grill :lol:. . . i dont mind it too much! i know eventually its gonna be gone now so that makes me happy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts