Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Mazda3 crossover would fit perfectly on a C1 platform. Existing interiors will fit well pieced together from M5, m3, cx7 with the new 2.5 direct injected engine and larger tires to smooth out the road. This new crossover would fill the gap in the price points...pricing it between the Mazda 5 and the cx-7. It won't be as cheap as the Suzuki 4x4crossover but it would be higher quality and have a moonroof with larger engine. The engine compartment needs a little oversizing to allow for compressed air or battery hybrids. Carbon fiber parts and bodies have made race cars lighter for years but mass production for parts is difficult and expensive...but their is some new research concerning use in tires instead of steel.
Unless the economy changes around the world, I don't see alot of new cars or ideas changing unless it can bring down the cost or shipping of an auto(or anything). The best cost cut of the new Mazda 3 is the nano tech used to replace platinum in the cat converter. :p

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
^^That's my understanding too.

I believe this is an older picture of the concept for the upcoming model.

·
Registered
33 Posts
as long as it has a 6 speed manual, gets about 28mpg, and can tow 2000 lbs. That's all I would ask (on top of all the other typical Mazda goodies).

I don't want to buy a VW Tiguan but I will if I have to. It does all that but only with 26mpg and 6speed manual. The Escape/Tribute 5 speed manual unfortunately only tows 1500 lbs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice concept...if it can just get rid of that smiley face on the front(could move the logo down to the grill and make 4-5 inches larger...smoother line on top, better logo recognition and cheaper than plastic to metal hood) Great logo!
This looks like a great concept for the non-"hobbit" like people. And, will probably get 30 with 6 speed auto (2.5l)

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Ford Kuga is what you're looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts