Mazda3 Forums banner

Mazda 3 Air Conditioning A/C Clutch Question When Car is Off

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  newsense 
#1 ·
Hi, our a/c on our 07 Mazda 3s has stopped working. I am not hearing the clutch kick on. I got under the car, with the car off, and tried turning the clutch part (not the outside pulley since the belt is on) and the clutch didn't turn. I then took a pry bar and with force I was able to turn the clutch maybe an inch back and forth but no further. I can't remember if the clutch on these cars is suppose to spin freely by hand with the car off or not?

If the clutch is suppose to spin freely and isn't can I assume this is a clutch issue? Car has 172k original miles on its the oem compressor.

#2 · (Edited)
I know this is from 24 days ago.. but doing a few of these repairs, thought I would throw a reply for the heck of it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clutch should move freely.

Search youtube for - Mazda 3 Air Conditioning troubleshooting and clutch coil replacement

I have replaced 3 clutch assemblies and one coil so far using only that video for troubleshooting and reference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.