Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Mazda 3 2006 for 3 years now and it's always had the same issue. The AC light will all the sudden turn off and cold air stops blowing BUT I have recently found that if I but my car in park and back in drive (I have an automatic) it turns back on??? It's consistent. My husband thought I was crazy but it actually turns it back on... for how long is inconsistent though sometimes it's for a couple seconds sometimes it stays on. Yesterday it stayed on the entire day without me having to mess with my shifter then today it's back to switching on and off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had my Mazda 3 2006 for 3 years now and it's always had the same issue. The AC light will all the sudden turn off and cold air stops blowing BUT I have recently found that if I but my car in park and back in drive (I have an automatic) it turns back on??? It's consistent. My husband thought I was crazy but it actually turns it back on... for how long is inconsistent though sometimes it's for a couple seconds sometimes it stays on. Yesterday it stayed on the entire day without me having to mess with my shifter then today it's back to switching on and off.
My 2009 does the same thing. Mine only works on the "3" setting. If I put it on 1, 2, or 4, it shuts off, but if I leave it on 3, it usually stays on. I took it into my local shop and they said the dial/switch is bad. Quote was like $1000 for a new mechanism so I just live with it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
What has happened is, there is corrosion or whatnot that has gotten to your fan blower switch. It's not an uncommon problem at all. But because of the design, they are a massive PITA to switch out. I've done it a couple of times, so I've pretty much gotten it down pat, but it's still a painful process.

The best way you can fight it without changing the control panel out is, with some light inward pressure, move the blower motor switch gently back and forth until the A/C comes back on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What has happened is, there is corrosion or whatnot that has gotten to your fan blower switch. It's not an uncommon problem at all. But because of the design, they are a massive PITA to switch out. I've done it a couple of times, so I've pretty much gotten it down pat, but it's still a painful process.

The best way you can fight it without changing the control panel out is, with some light inward pressure, move the blower motor switch gently back and forth until the A/C comes back on.
How come when I shift back and forth it turns back on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 2009 does the same thing. Mine only works on the "3" setting. If I put it on 1, 2, or 4, it shuts off, but if I leave it on 3, it usually stays on. I took it into my local shop and they said the dial/switch is bad. Quote was like $1000 for a new mechanism so I just live with it.
Does your switch turn back on when you shift into park then back into drive?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, it's a common problem. Mine does it all the time. Annoying, but it still works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts