Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I just found the site and I'm very happy that I can share my car problems and get answers from people who drive the same car.

I have a Mazda 3 2010 which has code U0101. Sometimes the car is stuck and does not move, sometimes when shifting to Park there is a big jerk. So, I've decided to change the TCM but I could only find one which has different numbers compared to mine. What should I do? Is it okay to change with another one? Won't it create more problems for the transmission?

The TCM which is currently on my car starts with LF8M and other one starts with LS2L if I'm not mistaken. Please guys I need help as soon as possible. Would really appreciate that.

·
Registered
2007 Mazda 3 S GT
8 Posts
latest version is LF8M-18-9E1H . That is what you want to use. If you find a used one LF8M-18-9E1* has match your existing one or newer suppression. If you happen to just find matching, you can use it and go to your nearest dealership and ask for the current tcm update, although expect a charge. Unfortunately LF8M are on a national back order from Mazda.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
latest version is LF8M-18-9E1H . That is what you want to use. If you find a used one LF8M-18-9E1* has match your existing one or newer suppression. If you happen to just find matching, you can use it and go to your nearest dealership and ask for the current TCM update, although expect a charge. Unfortunately LF8M are on a national back order from Mazda.
My part number is LF8M-18-9E1G and the other part that I use is not working well. The main problem is that I can not find any TCM which starts with LF8M with a proper price to buy and use. One I found was about $1400. I could find something from ebay but I am scared to order from there because they do not accept returns and maybe the TCM does not work.
Do you have any suggestion on what I can do? I would really appreciate that

·
Registered
2007 Mazda 3 S GT
8 Posts
You can either send in your old one to get rebuilt or place an order with a mazda dealership. They are slowly filling orders. I would not buy used or spend 1400. New from mazda is like 700.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can either send in your old one to get rebuilt or place an order with a mazda dealership. They are slowly filling orders. I would not buy used or spend 1400. New from mazda is like 700.
I do not live in US and it will take some time to send it for rebuilt. Today I called the Mazda dealership and they told me that they need to order the TCM from abroad because they don't have one here and the new one will cost around 1500.
I feel like they are kidding me. An eleven years old car has a part on it which costs 1500. It's almost half of the price of the car.
I do not know what to do I am serious. Everything about it is messed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts