Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: I'm new to this forum and I need help i have a 2007 mazda 3 automatic with engine damage I try to install a 2.3 from a 2005 donor but Surprice fit ok but timing cover , valve cover, oil pan is different Now i have a 2007 with a 2005 engine not working can you guys help me with what i need to do a 2.5 engine swap Thank you

·
Registered
223 Posts
Plenty of info online. Basically you need a good 2.5 Ford Fusion block. Remove all exterior sensors and accessories. Put your 2.3 oil pan onto the Ford block, along with a 2.3 oil pickup tube. Replace the timing cover from the 2.5 with the 2.3 timing cover. Install new diamond friction washers and your crankshaft pulley from the 2.3 Learn how to time the keyless crankshaft, there are good youtube videos about this. You will need a timing tool kit for this as well. Purchase a 2.5 intake manifold adapter on eBay so your old 2.3 intake manifold will fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plenty of info online. Basically you need a good 2.5 Ford Fusion block. Remove all exterior sensors and accessories. Put your 2.3 oil pan onto the Ford block, along with a 2.3 oil pickup tube. Replace the timing cover from the 2.5 with the 2.3 timing cover. Install new diamond friction washers and your crankshaft pulley from the 2.3 Learn how to time the keyless crankshaft, there are good youtube videos about this. You will need a timing tool kit for this as well. Purchase a 2.5 intake manifold adapter on eBay so your old 2.3 intake manifold will fit.
Thank you any 2.5 because i know 2.3 is different from 2005 and 2007 timing cover oil pan and crank pulley so i want to know what year is better for the 2.5 swap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts