Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I own Mazda 3 1.6 Diesel 2008 (109HP) and I have had continuous issues with it in the last period. My car engine would randomly cut out while driving (both on high RPM while driving on the highway and on low RPMs while driving in the city) or idling. Sometimes there would be periods where I would go months without having any issues, and sometimes there would be periods where I my engine will stop working completely. Changing the Crankshaft sensor seems to fix the issue, but only temporarily.

Funny thing is, when my car won't start at all (it cranks) and I put the old crankshaft sensor it will actually start 馃く.

Oil pump seems to be working (at least I can hear it when I turn on the ignition).

Parts I've replaced so far:
  • Crankshaft sensor
  • ECU
  • Oil and Fuel Filters
  • Battery
  • Checked the 4 Fuel Injectors (not sure if this is the correct terminology)
  • MAP Sensor

I found the most success when I've changed the MAP sensor. Right after that I drove the car for at least 7-8 months without any issues, but the diagnostics doesn't show any issues when I plug the car in.

Any ideas what could cause this?

Registered
Hey folks,

I own Mazda 3 1.6 Diesel 2008 (109HP) and I have had continuous issues with it in the last period. My car engine would randomly cut out while driving (both on high RPM while driving on the highway and on low RPMs while driving in the city) or idling. Sometimes there would be periods where I would go months without having any issues, and sometimes there would be periods where I my engine will stop working completely. Changing the Crankshaft sensor seems to fix the issue, but only temporarily.

Funny thing is, when my car won't start at all (it cranks) and I put the old crankshaft sensor it will actually start 馃く.

Oil pump seems to be working (at least I can hear it when I turn on the ignition).

Parts I've replaced so far:
  • Crankshaft sensor
  • ECU
  • Oil and Fuel Filters
  • Battery
  • Checked the 4 Fuel Injectors (not sure if this is the correct terminology)
  • MAP Sensor

I found the most success when I've changed the MAP sensor. Right after that I drove the car for at least 7-8 months without any issues, but the diagnostics doesn't show any issues when I plug the car in.

Any ideas what could cause this?
I should not have said "FAILED" fuel pump but rather "FAILING" fuel pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts