Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's late, so I don't want to head down to the garage to start fooling around with my car, but I was curious if K&N had a filter for the 3 yet. Looks like they don't have one for the 2.3L, but they do have one for the 2.0L.

However, out of curiosity, I also searched up the filter for a 6....and I came up with this:

http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2278

And here are the specs:

33-2278 Product Specifications
Product Style: Panel Air Filter
Height: 0.875 in (22 mm)
Outside Length: 12.563 in (319 mm)
Outside Width: 6.875 in (175 mm)

Now, if the filter inside the box of the 3 measures up to be similar, then we have a hit on our hands :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Levitron said:
It's late, so I don't want to head down to the garage to start fooling around with my car, but I was curious if K&N had a filter for the 3 yet. Looks like they don't have one for the 2.3L, but they do have one for the 2.0L.

However, out of curiosity, I also searched up the filter for a 6....and I came up with this:

http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2278

And here are the specs:

33-2278 Product Specifications
Product Style: Panel Air Filter
Height: 0.875 in (22 mm)
Outside Length: 12.563 in (319 mm)
Outside Width: 6.875 in (175 mm)

Now, if the filter inside the box of the 3 measures up to be similar, then we have a hit on our hands :D
Ok...sorry for being ignorant in this category, but what would a K&N Filter do to your car? Isn't the stock one sufficient? Does the K&N Filter sport for more horsepower or other advantages than the stock? Is it hard to install and how do you install it?

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance :lol:
Spencer

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
In most applications a K&N filter will flow air easier than an OEM paper filter. So the engine can breathe more easily and make more power.

Never more than a few HP but better than a kick in the head.

Another advantage is that K&N filters are cleanable and last pretty much forever.

·
Registered
744 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts