Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy jebus!

700 horsepower and a killer body, the Maybach Exelero may hint a new high-performance model from the ultra-lux sedan maker. The V-12 coupe is based on the Maybach 57 and designed to test a high-speed tire for the German tire manufacturer Fulda. The Exelero needed to surpass the 188 mph mark for Fulda. The super-Bach can get to 55 mph in 4.4 seconds with the help of two turbochargers and 740 ft-lbs of torque.

Fri Sep 23 10:11:11 Europe/London 2005The Maybach Exelero is not your typical concept car. Yes, it has the jaw dropping looks to pull the crowds at a packed Frankfurt Show, with the designers somehow stretching a two door, two seat shape over 5.9 metres in length; yes, its interior has all the right ingredients too, mixing natural leather, neoprene, coated perforated aluminium and red and black carbon fibre to create a look I can only describe as luxurious racecar cool. Then you'll notice that the instruments actually work, and so do the serious looking race harnesses...

As I said, the Exelero is no ordinary show car. In fact, Fulda, the tyre manufacturer, started the project off as a high profile way to test its new range of Carat Exelero high-performance tyres, echoing a similar project between Maybach and Fulda in the late thirties. The onset of war prevented that car from carrying out its intended goals, but the Exelero had its day before it had to do battle with the onlookers in Frankfurt. In May of this year Fulda took the Exelero to the Nardo test track in Italy. Klaus Ludwig, a seasoned racer, strapped himself into the massive black beast, and thanks to a few aerodynamic tweaks managed to hit just over 220mph.

That figure is apparently a record for a road car on production tyres, and boding well for the next generation of supercars was the fact that the Exelero rode on 23-inch rims. This feat was thanks not only to the slippery design of the concept car (refined in an extensive wind tunnel development programme), but also the not inconsiderable shove of a 5.9-litre V12 twin-turbo engine with 700bhp and a massive 752lb.ft of torque. Given that the car weighs well over 2.5 tonnes, this remains a fantastic achievement, concept car or not.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
damn!! very very nice car

it looks like it weighs every bit of it's 5000+lbs.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol tell me u wouldnt be totally PIMP rolling up to a party/bar with that thing.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Looks like it's stuck traveling through a black hole since it's all stretched out looking. Not my type of ride
pretty damn quick though

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=65672.msg1129035#msg1129035 date=1167749159]
It has a fuel door on both sides?
[/quote]

Or MAYBE it has 2 fuel tanks? Honestly, I think the fuel door on both sides of the vehicle is a smart idea. That way you don't have to worry about what side of the gas pump you pull up to. Its always right there. Brilliant!

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=65672.msg1129308#msg1129308 date=1167763802]
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=65672.msg1129035#msg1129035 date=1167749159]
It has a fuel door on both sides?
[/quote]

Or MAYBE it has 2 fuel tanks? Honestly, I think the fuel door on both sides of the vehicle is a smart idea. That way you don't have to worry about what side of the gas pump you pull up to. Its always right there. Brilliant!
[/quote]

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=65672.msg1131952#msg1131952 date=1167874432]
^ Haha, nice ^
[/quote]

I try :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
seen it in an article in car and driver, automobile, or something along those lines about a year ago. its just about the sickest body sesign i think ive ever seen

1 - 20 of 24 Posts