Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the maximum weight that I can have that will not have a negative affect on performance? The wheels im looking at range from 23 to 26lbs is that gonna be alright or should I look for somethin lighter?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Lighter the better (obviously). My last set of rims were 24.5, current rims are 20.8. You wouldn't think it would make that big a difference but oh my! It does.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found me a set that's 21.5lbs and I think that's about as good as im going to get. I could find lighter but most of the ones I have found are not really the style and price im looking for. Alot of the heavier wheels I have looked into are nice but I dont wanna mess up my performance :(.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
21.5 is not bad. It's amazing how quickly performance deteriorates with each pound added at the wheel.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya it is and I dont think alot of people really take it into consideration when buying wheels. I will be placing my order in the next couple weeks if everything goes as planned and i'll post some pictures up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=tigermack link=topic=135835.msg2925722#msg2925722 date=1234240639]
What styles are you looking for? It'd be easier for us to help you find if we know something?
[/quote]

18X8 with a deep lip in either chrome or bright silver that's under $180 a wheel and includes all the hardware. Also some tires that can get with the rims for under $115 a tire with mounting and balancing included for free. I think i found my set but im still looking around so any suggestions would be nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts