Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is all kind of thread on guage pods but nobody shows the ones that lights up the same red or blue that we have on our OEm cluster ....

I've seen a guy with them and it looks so good ... it doesn't look cheesy :p

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
I have autometer cobalts in my pod. They numbers are blue, and it has a red needle. Matches the stock gauges pretty good, the needle is a dead on match, and the blue matches the accent lighting in the dash, plus my blue led dome lamps. My headunit has blue and red buttons too, so it works out well for me.

·
Registered
611 Posts
hooray! i knew someone would come through and back me up ;p Im guessing it probably wouldnt be too terribly hard to modify the gauges to have red numbers instead of blue to better fit the OEM look if you really wanted to.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I know it's the guage itself that lighten up :p
coming from a frenchman always sounds wrong loll

now I have to know if I pu it on the side pillar or that center piece ...

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
[quote author=TEXAS2LO link=topic=66170.msg1148373#msg1148373 date=1168738157]

[/quote]

If you have side curtain airbags don't get a a-pilled pod, just in case you get in a wreck you don't want a gauge traveling at 35feet a second into your temple. Center pod is the safest, and cleanest looking imo. Too many, yes I'll say it, "ricey" cars run around with a-pillar pods. Atleast around where I am. I can drive by nearly any civic and see a a-pillar pod...hell I saw one on a Suzuki Forenza.

It's just all up to you, and if you prefer safety > functionality.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=Zodiac link=topic=66170.msg1148536#msg1148536 date=1168747814]
[quote author=TEXAS2LO link=topic=66170.msg1148373#msg1148373 date=1168738157]

[/quote]

If you have side curtain airbags don't get a a-pilled pod, just in case you get in a wreck you don't want a gauge traveling at 35feet a second into your temple. Center pod is the safest, and cleanest looking imo. Too many, yes I'll say it, "ricey" cars run around with a-pillar pods. Atleast around where I am. I can drive by nearly any civic and see a a-pillar pod...hell I saw one on a Suzuki Forenza.

It's just all up to you, and if you prefer safety > functionality.
[/quote]

here in Quebec we dont have the side curtain option ...
So that means I can go with the A pillar pods. . I actually like it because it flows with the interior and gives it a nice style ..

a big tach on top of a RPM guage is gay ...
but nice pods is not rice .. it can be stupid for a NA car but has nothing to do with rice ..
people have to chill out with ricey and ricey that

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
[quote author=smokinAMD link=topic=66170.msg1134925#msg1134925 date=1168029450]
I have autometer cobalts in my pod. They numbers are blue, and it has a red needle. Matches the stock gauges pretty good, the needle is a dead on match, and the blue matches the accent lighting in the dash, plus my blue led dome lamps. My headunit has blue and red buttons too, so it works out well for me.

[/quote]

how well do u read it at night?

and where did u get them, they look good man, plus what pod did u use?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
those are autometer gauges. cobalt series. you can find them anywhere.

i won't run anything other than autometer in my cars.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
check out Glow Shift gauges. You can select any color you want with a press of a button. Feel like blue today? go blue. red, green,. 7 colors total I think. Plus it has a cool feature that goes thru every color but it bleeds into the next color.

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
[quote author=eurotuner link=topic=66170.msg1154236#msg1154236 date=1169055818]
[quote author=smokinAMD link=topic=66170.msg1134925#msg1134925 date=1168029450]

[/quote]

how well do u read it at night?

and where did u get them, they look good man, plus what pod did u use?
[/quote]

I ordered them from the lowest priced seller on ebay, cause I'm cheap. I made that pod. Used a lotek pod and fiberglassed it to the stock piece.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts