Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got mine 2 days ago! My first impression was that I was sitting in a car that seemed alot more expensive than what I paid. The minor details in this car end up being a huge part of it: keyless entry, inside lighting, nicely finished dashboard, etc. Seems like everything you have seen in different cars are all a part of this one!

What I enjoyed:
- The sound system is better than I thought. It's not aftermarket, but unless you're a real audiophile, it should do the trick. You can adjust the Bass, Middle and Treble. You can also adjust ALC (automatic level control) which will increase the sound when you increase your speed.

- The driving is just amazing! It feels like your driving a (really fast) tank because of how well it handles the road. I felt comfortable driving this car as soon as I got it. I haven't been over 4000 RPM because of the break-in period (1000 km suggested by Mazda) so I can't comment on performance.

- The seats are very confortable; the back seats offer alot of space; the driver has good back and lateral vision; the hallogene lights are awesome; the breaks are also awesome; love the look! So basically I love this car!! :p

I'll be glad to answer any question you have!
martcouz

Picture: I put 70% transparency all around on the tinted windows.

EDIT: Topic renamed to show model/trim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
csweeney said:
Nice-now get some rims instead of hubcaps! :)
Thank's for the tip csweeney! :wink: The winter tires came as part of the deal with my dealer. What I'll do is probably switch back to my other set of tires very early, like late february... Maybe next year I'll buy a nicer set of winter rims.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
winter rims? you've never heard of em-you live in the north!
Sorry martcouz I was being a smart ass :)

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Well, I think you buy winter rims b/c the winter tires are usually a different size so that you don't spend as much money on em, thus different rims. Do you just buy different tires for the same rims? Maybe they do it b/c of the salt and don't want to ruin the rims?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Us guys from Vancouver (and Richmond) see maybe a few days of snow per year. We barely put winter tires on let alone winter RIMS. Winter tires are actually dangerous here because in the winter its like 95% RAIN. And winter tires aren't as good as all seasons in the rain usually. So for those few days you'd be trucking it full speed in the snow, you'd be slipping and sliding for a few months in the rain.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Slight ammendment to that. Winter tires are great if you going to Whistler or Cypress for boarding but 50% of the time they have THOSE roads cleared off and ok, too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Merci Dinu!

csweeney said:
Well, I think you buy winter rims b/c the winter tires are usually a different size so that you don't spend as much money on em, thus different rims. Maybe they do it b/c of the salt and don't want to ruin the rims?
Right on csweeney! What I meant was to buy a second set of rims (cheaper) so that my good one stays in good shape... Winters up here do tend to be a bit rough on rims.

·
Registered
168 Posts
martcouz said:
What I meant was to buy a second set of rims (cheaper) so that my good one stays in good shape... Winters up here do tend to be a bit rough on rims.
Plus dismounting & re-mounting tires twice a year is hard on alloys, making it more susecptible to damage. We get the occasional snow storm in TO, but I believe you get a lot more in Quebec, so snow tires are definitely a good idea. What kind of snow tires did you get, might I ask?
Edit: Hmm, I'm not seeing the pictures - guess I just have to check again later.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I can't say I care for the cheaper Mz3s as much as I do the top of the line. Black taillights, 17" wheels, and the sport package really add a lot to the looks of the car.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Absinthe said:
Yeah, most people in GVA use all-season tires. There's no point changing tires every season coz there's not much snow here.
We just use summer tires. 8) :D

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
SWEET! Is that a GX trim?!

I'm interested in one of those :) details details!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
darian said:
where are the pics?? I only see red x's
Weird! Most people (including me) are able to see them... Donno what to say?!

dugrant153 said:
SWEET! Is that a GX trim?! I'm interested in one of those :) details details!!
Nope! It's the GT. There aren't many differences from the outiside except for the 16" tires... The main differences are: 2.3L engine, 6 speakers stereo system, all electric (windows, mirrors, doors), standard A/C, cruise control...

Every penny is worth it if you ask me! ;) On the other side, if you just want a good car with a great look but not too many options, the GX is a great buy. Plus Mazda Canada gives an Xbox to everybody that buys (or leases) a new Mazda this month!!!!! Dawm, for a few days I didn't get one... :( It's really frustrating to see that Mazda penelized it's early buyers (about a handfull of buyers that bought a week too soon).

Still loving it!!
martcouz

·
Registered
172 Posts
So is that MZ3 with 2.3L engine? also is it 5 speed or auto? And also, any more pictures (front, interior, etc.). HEHE

1 - 20 of 48 Posts