Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thursday, Oprah introduced Oregon resident Thomas Beatie to anyone who hadn't yet heard of him. Beatie, a transgender man who is legally male, is six months pregnant with his and his wife's child. La Winfrey called the expectant situation "a new definition of what diversity means for everybody."

And everybody, it seems, is interested. Over the past seven days, searches for "pregnant man" rose 26,879%. Demand for "thomas beatie" grew more than 3,000%. Interest in "oregon man pregnant" has swelled 461%.

As for the skeptics who typed "man claims he is pregnant" and "pregnant man?" into Search, we can answer: Mr. Beatie retained his female reproductive organs. Because he has a uterus, he can get pregnant and carry a baby to term.

In Buzz, some of the most popular articles from the past week focused on the bun in Beatie's oven. As we posted earlier, Boing Boing and Huffington Post were two of the first sources to surface with articles on the story. Since then, the Huffington Post scored another hit with an item revealing more photos of the fertile daddy.

LilSugar, Yahoo! News, and People.com have also polled well with Buzz readers. The People.com article, which offers an exclusive video clip from the Oprah appearance, was one of the most voted-on articles in Buzz after the show aired.

So has this childbearing event really redefined what diversity means for everybody? The tale certainly seems to have people thinking about gender issues. We've noted a surge in queries for "transgendered" and "transgender pregnancy." Lookups for "pregnant man" have flowed in from every state in the U.S. and every age group.

With the fruitful papa about to enter his third trimester, we may have three more months of this baby buzz. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
how will the baby get out?

·
Registered
969 Posts
This IS true but SHE trans-sexual (if that is the correct word for it) "It" if you will was a woman to begin with and received a sex change.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I watched that last night. He still has all the female parts below so can deliver but I imagine the doctor will do a cesarean. As a woman, she took testosterone (in heavy doses) to develop male attributes. Had breasts removed. His wife used a syringe to inseminate him. There you have it...a pregnant "man".

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
i'm confused then...

how is he "legally" a man?

i guess that's different than "medically" a man, cuz he sure doesn't sound like a man.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
This is really TMI but the testosterone she took caused his clitoris to form into a small penis which he uses to have intercourse with his/her wife. Other than that, he is technically a woman.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
-_-

this is very presumptuous for me to say, but.. i'm just gonna blurt it out.

nature intended certain things to happen a certain way. Technology has made it possible to perverse what would otherwise be impossible. so while i support gay rights/marriage/etc, i really can't get behind extreme medical/medicinal ways to circumvent what can not naturally occur.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
i guess my next question is, why?

it seems to me the 'couple' is doing this for publicity. The "male" elected to not retain the role of the male, to be artificially inseminated, rather than seeding the baby in the female of the relationship.

that is, unless the female actually had medical condition which prohibits her from being able to carry the baby.

i really don't know anything about the background of the story, but from what's presented, sure sounds like the couple are just doing it to be attention whores.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
^^ The wife has two grown daughters. At some point something happened causing her to lose her ability to conceive another child.

My thoughts are I hate seeing all this time and money trying to have a child when there are so many unwanted children out there.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=biped link=topic=107809.msg2208379#msg2208379 date=1207352251]
so can he jizz in himself and become a self perpetuating baby factory?
[/quote]

OMG :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[quote author=biped link=topic=107809.msg2208379#msg2208379 date=1207352251]
so can he jizz in himself and become a self perpetuating baby factory?
[/quote]

HAHAHHA

So what, "he" is a shehe and "she" is a heshe? wtmf is going on with this world. And the thing with test and enlargement of the clit is SICK, look at all the pro bodybuilding females, or chyna doll for example (look at private parts) they have mini wieners.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
i find nothing strange with this story. it's just a guy who used to be a female that still has female parts. now when an actual real man gets pregnant than i will be shocked.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=107809.msg2208294#msg2208294 date=1207349869]
This is really TMI but the testosterone she took caused his clitoris to form into a small penis which he uses to have intercourse with his/her wife. [/quote]

That really happens?!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yeah, regardless of whether "legally" he is considered a male, in REALITY, aka the world we live in, the person is a woman, so its not strange that this person is pregnant. Women get pregnant, this person is a woman.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts