Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 6424 Posts

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maine or New Hampshire drivers, where are you at?

I just moved to Kittery, ME and would like to know if there any 3 owners that participate in the forums.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Re: Maine or New Hampshire drivers

I used to goto college in Manchester, NH and am in Boston quite frequently. I know of maybe 2 people on here from NH, a few from VT, and a couple from Maine. There's also a few from Mass. and lower New England, too...

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yeah, I guess this also applies to the Mass, and VT drivers too, since I'm like 15 mins from MA.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts

Christ, you must drive fast if it takes you 15 min. from Kittery to Mass.! It takes me about 30-35 from Manchester just to hit the border!

·
Registered
437 Posts

Nashua, NH here.. Relocating to the seacoast/Dover area pretty soon. I grew up in that area and know it very well. We spend a lot of time at the GF's family house in Ogunquit each summer..

My story: My GF drives an '05 3i sedan. I presently drive a Ford Ranger pickup. We are looking to co-habitate pretty soon, and that means big commute fer me.. so I'm in the market for something to replace ol' truckzilla w/. I like Bri's car so much, I'm looking at a 3 for myself..

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The GF's got good taste in cars, listen to her!

I know where Dover is at, but not Nashua or Ogunquit.

Hope to see more 3's in the area.

·
Registered
437 Posts

Ogunquit, ME is on the coast just east of you. Between Wells and York. Quite nice, I highly recommend you take yer 3 up that way for a ride on Rt 1 before the season really gets rolling and the traffic takes over.

Nashua is southern NH.. right on the MA border. ~1-1.5 hrs west of your location..

What brings you to Northern New England? And from where?

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I'm up here because of my job.
I'm in the military so I move quite often. I just moved from CT, but I'm originally from the Bronx. But also, I lived in northern NJ for about two years, but that was pre-military.

·
Registered
437 Posts

Excellent.. So you're at the shipyard? I used to know a couple Navy guys that were there, unfortunately they've all moved onto other assignments now. Either way, welcome..

·
Registered
15,112 Posts

Hey guys, sorry to join in so late... when I first joined here, I was from Acton, Maine, but I just recently moved to Epping, NH, pretty much right down the street from New England Dragway. Either of you hit up the street nights there weds and fridays to race or watch? If so, give me a buzz and maybe we can all meet up sometime and hang out?

My name is Craig btw, and I'm 26. I have an 04' Mazda3 S Hatch. Ti Gray.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=43329.msg662983#msg662983 date=1145056458]
Hey guys, sorry to join in so late... when I first joined here, I was from Acton, Maine, but I just recently moved to Epping, NH, pretty much right down the street from New England Dragway.  Either of you hit up the street nights there weds and fridays to race or watch?  If so, give me a buzz and maybe we can all meet up sometime and hang out? 

My name is Craig btw, and I'm 26.  I have an 04' Mazda3 S Hatch.  Ti Gray. 
[/quote]I haven't found this New England Dragway yet. But I'll be looking. Maybe we could meet up with a couple of 3s there.

Hey bubba, I was out yesterday and I realized that I do know where Ogunquit is, I guess I just had a brainfart! Like you said, right down the road from here. I was on Rt 1 like you suggested.

·
Registered
437 Posts

Yep, Ogunquit is right around the corner from you. Like I said, take a run up the coast on 1 if you haven't already. It gets insane as the summer rolls on, now is the time to do it. Bri and I will be out there on the bike as soon as we get more than 30 sec of temps over 65 degrees.

Craig, I've never run at New England Drag, but I've been there once or twice. Always a good time. I might be down w/ a semi-ogranized meet.. You won't catch me running though. I'm an avid amateur photographer and would love to take a shot at trying to photograph some passes at the 1/4 if someone here takes a shot at it. I can't run the GF's 3 though.. she'd kill me!

Maybe I could run my 3700 lbs, 4x4 pickup!! :D Yeah, maybe not..

I don't know if either of you have any interest in SCCA Solo autocross. My uncle runs a Tiburon from time to time down in Ayer, MA. The North East Region SCCA runs events at an old, decommissioned air force base down that way. I just saw him yesterday for easter dinner. He said that the NER chapter is supposedly looking to buy some land and build a track somewhere near Worcester, MA. So SCCA autox'ing could get real interesting here in Northern New England in the near future.

There is going to be an event on Sat 4/29 down at Devens AFB (Ayer). I am planning to go and spectate, weather permitting. I'll probably just chill w/ my uncle and snap shome photos w/ the camera. I've actually never been to an event..

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Going and meeting up at the dragway sounds pretty cool. Maybe we could arrange something when the weather gets warmer.

BTW I'm Remi, 24 and my car info is in the sig

·
Registered
15,112 Posts

I don't race at NE Dragway either.... I just watch. Its pretty fun. It would be neat though to meet up with some other 3's just to chill and have a good time.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=43329.msg666124#msg666124 date=1145293920]
I don't race at NE Dragway either.... I just watch.  Its pretty fun.  It would be neat though to meet up with some other 3's just to chill and have a good time.
[/quote]Yeah, that what I'm saying. Not necessarily racing, but just to have a group of 3s should be cool.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I think tomorrow I'm going to see if I could find the NE Dragway. Just to go out for a drive.

1 - 20 of 6424 Posts