Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeaterday when that great little bit of snow landed on the roads i lost control of my dads grand prix going around a turn and ended up T-Boneing a jeep libery and kinda messing it up as well as my dads front end. I am 18 and already have an accident from 18 months ago with a payout of 6k. My insurance says that dempending on the payout it may drop me, meaning I would be put on MAIF, I was just wondering if any one here as ever been on it before and how bad was it?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
never been there... who you gat for insurance? dont they know an accident is an accident and they should stfu ...

i hate insurance companies take take take :)

i say try nationwide or statefarm unless one of those is already your company. try allstate if you can get it. or you can do esurance.com good luck

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
[quote author=FoxyRoxy link=topic=67640.msg1168820#msg1168820 date=1169754417]
:shock: Change companies now, before the final costs are in.
[/quote]

+1

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i am on statefarm already paying 3k a year, if they keep me it will go up to 4.5k, i think i am just going to pay the guy the 2k to fix his car out of pocket it will be easier and cheaper...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
[quote author=PunkRocker725 link=topic=67640.msg1169886#msg1169886 date=1169796583]
yea i am on statefarm already paying 3k a year, if they keep me it will go up to 4.5k, i think i am just going to pay the guy the 2k to fix his car out of pocket it will be easier and cheaper...
[/quote]

+1 WOW 3k YEAR!!! omg i been with state farm for 7 years and i pay 112/mo full coverage 250 deductable for my car and like 50/mo for my wifes car with same coverage

if i was you ide drop state farm for someone else - oh and im 24 yrs old so its not like i got the 25 year old discount yet :) cant wait only 6 more months!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've been with statefarm for 10 years now. I live by myself have no one on my policy. I pay 115 a month with 2 points on my license. I also have condo insurance which is like 250 a year. Statefarm is great! I tried calling around to allstate and a few others they could not even give me a quote close to what i pay now.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
yeah no one can touch the premium i have with statefarm

i have 2 cars + hospital insurance with them - me and my wife are both 24 and on the policy together im guessing this year ill get another discount for turnin 25 and getting off high risk :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
When i turned 25 mine didn't really go down. The way everyone always talked i was like yeah i hope mine does. Mine dropped more when i tured 21 than when i turned 25.

·
Registered
159 Posts
wow thats a lot. Over a hundred bucks. My parents just moved to DE and their insurance dropped a lot. MD to DE. Mine went up a little bit when they moved cause they had me on their insurance .

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
my insurance is around 150 a month. I don't think i have any points on my license, but i did have a speeding ticket 4.5 years ago and Geico friggen goes back 5 years on your record. That's B/S. Oh, and MAIF..... means either you are just unlucky when it comes to accidents, or you are the fast and furious of daily commuting. They rape you of your money since noone else will insure you.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
After 3 yrs if you have no further tickets you can request a expungement of your driving record. I removes all tickets on your record. It reverts your liscence to perfect condition... I did this around Christmastime and my record is wiped clean... Get online to MVA website and look for the Expun gement of Record form... Print and mail it in...a few weeks later you will have a form stating your driving record has been expunged....
After that request a review by your ins. company. Your clean record will now get you a low rate...

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
[quote author=TGM3 link=topic=67640.msg1231167#msg1231167 date=1172427103]
After 3 yrs if you have no further tickets you can request a expungement of your driving record. I removes all tickets on your record. It reverts your liscence to perfect condition... I did this around Christmastime and my record is wiped clean... Get online to MVA website and look for the Expun gement of Record form... Print and mail it in...a few weeks later you will have a form stating your driving record has been expunged....
After that request a review by your ins. company. Your clean record will now get you a low rate...
[/quote]

Thanks very much for the information TGM3. I'll look into that.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
wow they're gonna drop you?

I had one accident a month after i got my license in my mom's mini attempting to drift it...yeaaaaaaaaah pretty retarded and i hadn't even seen tokyo drift yet.. it was 1500 in damage.

i had another accident when i was 18. that was 4500 total my car and theirs.

i have a 17 over speeding ticket in ohio, and a 5 over speeding ticket in michigan.

my insurance is 600$ every 6 months with a 1000 deductable and i have basic coverage.

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
[quote author=m3marshall link=topic=67640.msg1250013#msg1250013 date=1173127191]
wow, I have like 2 tickets and 2 accidents on my insurance and I only pay 72 /mo for full coverage. I feel lucky after reading this thread.
[/quote]
It's all about location my friend. Then it's about your record. At least that's the trend i'm seeing here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts