Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I got my Magnaflow installed and it is &^$*ing sick!! I really like the low muffled tone in the morning before it heats up, then all hell breaks loose. Is there a silencer available for magnaflows out there I can't find on the net?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I have a magnaflow system, and the tone doesnt change all that much after it warms up.

Did you check for exhaust leaks? A little leak when cold could turn into a big one as the pipe heats up.

Anyway, if it is too loud you can use a univeral silencer - Summitracing.com sells them. Or you could get a larger resonator, they sell those too.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks myork.

My wife drove off today and i listened as she did, it definitely doesn't sound as loud as when i am in the car. maybe i am just not used to having it on yet.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
how is the magnaflow...I had a magna on my old Jetta and liked it though it was slight loud...im looking for a nice deeper tone thats not TOO loud...

sorry if this turns into a thread jack...

·
Registered
593 Posts
[quote author=kj442 link=topic=71116.msg1249676#msg1249676 date=1173116857]
how is the magnaflow...I had a magna on my old Jetta and liked it though it was slight loud...im looking for a nice deeper tone thats not TOO loud...

[/quote]

check out www.trubendz.com

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
[quote author=kj442 link=topic=71116.msg1249676#msg1249676 date=1173116857]

[/quote]

When you drag your butt to a NNJ meet, you can hear a Magnaflow, plus an ARK, Trubendz, and maybe even a Borla and a Draxas.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
hahaha ill be there on race day if not sooner...but I cant make it to NY for the Imax...anything else im missing...

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as for noise, the exhaust will become quieter and liveable after about a month of breaking in.
That's what I am thinking. I will give it a while see what happens.

It is a wee bit loud when the car gets to running temp, but when cold it is nice, deep and powerful. I am going to to give a while to break in, I am not pedal to metal kind of guy so it may take little longer??

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
[quote author=myork link=topic=71116.msg1248600#msg1248600 date=1173063300]
I have a magnaflow system, and the tone doesnt change all that much after it warms up.

Did you check for exhaust leaks? A little leak when cold could turn into a big one as the pipe heats up.

Anyway, if it is too loud you can use a univeral silencer - Summitracing.com sells them. Or you could get a larger resonator, they sell those too.

Good Luck!
[/quote]I didn't know you had a Magnaflow! I thought you had the Ark.
BTW, I also have the Magnaflow, and I love it!!!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I did - but all of the leaks and cracked resonators pissed me off, so when Ark sent me the new version I sold it, and bought the magnaflow. Much happier now.

·
Registered
925 Posts
[quote author=myork link=topic=71116.msg1251220#msg1251220 date=1173160324]
I did - but all of the leaks and cracked resonators pissed me off, so when Ark sent me the new version I sold it, and bought the magnaflow. Much happier now.
[/quote]

ditto, and I also changed the factory cat to a Magnaflow High-Flow (which is actually a Car Sound cat) and I am lovin' it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts