Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Banned
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Clarifying my thread.
I wanted to do this thread for FUN on the the projects I do on my Mazda3. I do not plan on ever entering it in any competition neither show or track or even local Mazda clubs events. It is my homes family daily driver. Please keep in mind this is not going to be a technical thread in any way. Nor will I be providing empirical DATA on any claims to things I do or fabricate. If I were engineering and developing parts for it I might do the "promo thing" but I have no intention on building any marketable parts for the Mazda3 models. Besides I do that on other platforms and have for a few decades. Some of what I do may to some seem ridicules, un-practical, unreasonable, functionally questionable and down right insane but hey its my Mazda right? Besides all of us like to do things the way we want anyway and personal tastes and levels of experience and capabilities varies as well.

Also I want to give a WARNING to all reading my thread do not attempt to copy what I do to my Mazda unless you truly believe I know what I am doing and can duplicate the project in every detail. And I have been told so often in my life (even recently on this forum)that I don't know what I am doing so maybe better just look at my pictures and have a good laugh on me with my fun I am having.

Enjoy my thread as I enjoy sharing the things I do with you all.

One of many projects that are near completion.

[url=https://postimages.org/]image upload no limit[/URL]

Reactions: GerryBuc

·
Registered
500 Posts
Also I want to give a WARNING to all reading my thread do not attempt to copy what I do to my Mazda unless you truly believe I know what I am doing and can duplicate the project in every detail. And I have been told so often in my life (even recently on this forum)that I don't know what I am doing so maybe better just look at my pictures and have a good laugh on me with my fun I am having.
In other words, "This is how someone can lose an eye, and then it's no fun because someone is missing an eye."

Count me in for the fun.

Reactions: GerryBuc

·
Banned
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The complete soft interior has been out of the M3 since last week. This would be all the seas front and rear, the carpet set front and rear, the center console, every piece in the trunk and the rear deck.
The interior floor pan and complete trunk area is being lined with DYNAMAT sound reducing material. The OEM carpet (which is still brand new ) will have a top of the line high quality plush black custom carpet installed over on top of the OEM carpet to increase the reduction in road noise. Other things being installed , 1 Rockford P1000X1BD Punch 1-Channel Amplifier, 2 Rockford Fosgate P400X4 Punch 4-Channel Amplifier as well a Rockford Fosgate DSR1 8-Channel Signal Processor w/ iDatalink Maestro Module to tie into the factory BOSE control module. A Custom rear deck with speaker, third brake light deleted and center seat belt removed. A Custom Amplifier panel and covered in interior material in front of the sub woofer in the trunk, and a fully DYNAMAT trunk with custom re-lined interior material.

The head liner and DYNAMAT will be another days(several) project for next month.

I am not posting picture of the stripped interior (we have all seen one) but will post pictures when this project is finished the end of this week.

·
Registered
502 Posts
M3RacerX, you have no clue what you are doing!

That makes two of us I suppose. I'm getting my popcorn.

BTW, I loved watching Speed Racer in the late 1970s, and then Starblazers (Battleship Yamato) in the early 1980s.

Reactions: M3RacerX

·
Registered
500 Posts
I am not posting picture of the stripped interior (we have all seen one) but will post pictures when this project is finished the end of this week.
:frown2: I haven't seen a Mazda with the interior stripped. Plus, a picture is worth a thousand words.

My likey pictures!

·
Banned
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M3RacerX, you have no clue what you are doing!

That makes two of us I suppose. I'm getting my popcorn.

BTW, I loved watching Speed Racer in the late 1970s, and then Starblazers (Battleship Yamato) in the early 1980s.
Ya and I even got banned on another Mazda Forum by a moderator that felt threaten by me being "clueless" about things hahahaha 0:)
https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2017-mazda-3-skyactiv-appearance-interior/218898-nitro-s-mazda3-avocation.html

I may need to cut and paste some of my responses there so I dont have to play catch up here on this forum with some of my ongoing project info?

:frown2: I haven't seen a Mazda with the interior stripped. Plus, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Me likey pictures!
Honestly if it were not so common for me doing this I would have taken pictures. Now it is all but finished, but in the future I will not let you down and will take a record of all my projects in pictures to post.

Here is the trunks hinge covers that I am playing around with possibly covering in CF vinyl. It is not really possible to wrap them in one peace and have it look good so I was playing around with sectional pieces and matching the pattern and overlaying the top over the sides to see if the end result will look good? I really hate when I see wrap jobs that the tucked portion look like crap and that the patterns do not match with all the other parts and direction of pattern.
Call me OCD on steroids when it comes to these things... :laugh:

It looks because of the bends in the plastic like it will need to be in 3 stripes to look acceptable? I had to order more 3m 1080 series CF to do the project. It is the most common CF I use.
IMG_7904_resize.JPG

IMG_7907_resize.JPG

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
That wrap is going to be tough. Worth it in the end, but really tough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Banned
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That wrap is going to be tough. Worth it in the end, but really tough.
Ya...I use "slip" on wrap for ease of positioning but even with that there are some tight corners and the pattern will be very hard to match because there will be some scratching to get it around some of the corners. I may just opt to have my buddy Hrographic it like he did some of my other stuff ?

See pictures on next response

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
They banned you because they felt you were being clueless about your mods? LOL, its usually better to just let clueless moders keep posting and get roasted by senior members about how stupid their stuff is so no one takes them seriously in the end.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you have any leftover Dynamat, shoot me a PM and I'll buy some from you. I need to replace the material that went under my engine cover. I tried the ceramic blanket used in oven doors but couldn't get it to stay secured.

·
Banned
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you have any leftover Dynamat, shoot me a PM and I'll buy some from you. I need to replaced the material that went under my engine cover. I tried the ceramic blanket used in oven doors but couldn't get it to stay secured.

20180207_131409_resize.jpg

20180207_131423_resize.jpg

20180207_131440_resize.jpg

20180207_131509_resize.jpg

20180207_131630_resize.jpg

20180207_133831_resize.jpg

20180207_133842_resize.jpg

20180208_110142_resize.jpg

20180208_110601_resize.jpg

20180208_110619_resize.jpg

·
Banned
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IMG_7909_resize.JPG

IMG_7910_resize.JPG

IMG_7911_resize.JPG

IMG_7912_resize.JPG

IMG_7913_resize.JPG

IMG_7914_resize.JPG

That's it up to this point for the Engine Cover. I still have a few things left to complete on it. :grin2:

·
Banned
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After looking at the plate I made this morning I thing I am going to go with black background instead of the blue. The Emblem is chrome and I think the black will bring it out more then the blue? I also sanded the textured finish which not only removed the paint and smoothed the surface but also reduced the thickness a bit more which ultimately looks more like is made for that area and not an after thought. Now I need to look at it for a couple a day to make sure I like it before I paint the plate a sating black? :nerd:

IMG_7916_resize.JPG

IMG_7917_resize.JPG

IMG_7919_resize.JPG

IMG_7920_resize.JPG

IMG_7922_resize.JPG

·
Banned
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I remembered that last trip I went on that it was a bit irritating to plug the phone in the USB tucked up in the cave of the forward console area and the rear console/arm rest storage only had old style accessory plug. So time to upgrade it MY WAY. The first thing is to take every thing apart. I keep dual USB connectors around the garage for projects always needing them. So at least one of those will go into the new panel.

IMG_7923_resize.JPG

IMG_7924_resize.JPG

IMG_7925_resize.JPG

IMG_7927_resize.JPG

1 - 20 of 162 Posts