Mazda3 Forums banner

M3Forum stickers?

6K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  dinu01 
#1 ·
I was thinking....once people start getting their m3's.....they'll start looking for m3 info a lot.

How about, we do a little advertising on our cars by putting up small, but cool looking stickers on our m3's?

I know I know....spare me the ricer speech, but it'll reeaally add 10hp+!!!!

#3 ·
How about Powered by Mazda3Forums.com

That oughta supercharge your car.

#6 ·
yes in diffeerent colors as well so it match with our body of our car

#7 ·
I like the response so far.

Hmm....this is turning into a GVA forum....

I'm good friends with the Autoworld owner's daugther....so maybe we can get a good price on the stickers (their store is in Richmond and one in Metrotown). I'm not sure if they still do stickers though.

#12 ·
Be careful. They tried this on mazda6club.com. Something about copyright laws etc. You can make the sticker for yourself, but you cannot sell em or distribute them b/c they take away from possible money for the site. MZ6 will post a nice long message on this I'm sure.

#13 ·
Here's the thread where this same suggestion was made: http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=11687

Here's an example of the letters they will post:
by Steve 6er:
"Dear members.

Please notice that producing and selling Mazda6club stickers would be illegal since the name and design of the logo are copyrighted. We would not look kindly upon such an act.

Buying such stickers that are not official also would mean taking away an income opportunity that is important for maintaining this site for the future. Increasing numbers of members and hits will increase the need for income to pay for the dedicated server/s and maintenance. And we can't depend solely upon the grace of sponsors.

If illegal stickers are still produced and marketed, we will have some member somewhere order one. Once he or she receives them, we are forced to take action. So please, stay away from doing this and keep patient, stickers WILL be produced and sold.

As stated before, we do on the other hand not forbid anyone to cut decals for their own car. Just don't sell them.

The Mazda6club team. "

#19 ·
I know this is getting into copyright and all, but I would like the Mazda3 logo from the Mazda3 website and then forums.com in the same font as Mazda.

If they're not sold for profit, then is it still copyright? As long as you use the (R)? I don't know. It seems like the URL would be illegal too. But I don't think Mazda would say anything since it's good PR.

#20 ·
Absinthe said:
Nice design, C...

Hmm how about using the original mazda3 logo then add the word "forums.com" in the end...
Would that against the copyright?
Thanks, thought about using their logo, but like you said, it's copyright. Wouldn't even want to try it, and MZ6 wouldn't go for it. Would even use the 3 from the board logo, but I don't know what the font is.

#22 ·
WHOA, this thread got out of hand before I even saw it.

csweeney sort of has the idea of what would go on here, although she's assuming all 6club rules would apply here.

I have been planning on getting stickers done, although I haven't actually worked with anyone to find out prices yet.
I DEFINITLY like the idea of a logo contest. This has been the big impediment so far to getting this done. I actually brought this subject up a month or so ago, and didn't get much in the way of a response.

Now regarding copyrights/trademarks/etc.

As csweeney expects, these rules will largely mirror 6club's. Except they will (at this time) mirror 6club's ORIGINAL rules, not the current ones. csweeney, the current rules at 6club were put into place because of the delay in getting official stickers out. They were not like that - they were worse, I'm sorry to tell you.

Official stickers will be made available as soon as possible pending the delivery of a logo I find satisfactory (and assuming the author of that logo agrees to the terms of that delivery).

No permission of any kind should be considered given to use the Mazda3Forums.com name. Personally produced logo's take valuable revenue from this site, at a time when costs are rising exponentially.

Should there be an unusual delay in the production of stickers, as there has been at 6club, then I will consider allowing the personal production of stickers. But at this time it will be official stickers only.

I'll write up something about a logo contest and post it ASAP.

#23 ·
schulkw said:
I know this is getting into copyright and all, but I would like the Mazda3 logo from the Mazda3 website and then forums.com in the same font as Mazda.

If they're not sold for profit, then is it still copyright? As long as you use the (R)? I don't know. It seems like the URL would be illegal too. But I don't think Mazda would say anything since it's good PR.
Yes, that would still be illegal. No, probably Mazda would not complain, but it isn't worth dealing with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.