Mazda3 Forums banner

M3Forum stickers?

6K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  dinu01 
Be careful. They tried this on mazda6club.com. Something about copyright laws etc. You can make the sticker for yourself, but you cannot sell em or distribute them b/c they take away from possible money for the site. MZ6 will post a nice long message on this I'm sure.

Here's the thread where this same suggestion was made: http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=11687

Here's an example of the letters they will post:
by Steve 6er:
"Dear members.

Please notice that producing and selling Mazda6club stickers would be illegal since the name and design of the logo are copyrighted. We would not look kindly upon such an act.

Buying such stickers that are not official also would mean taking away an income opportunity that is important for maintaining this site for the future. Increasing numbers of members and hits will increase the need for income to pay for the dedicated server/s and maintenance. And we can't depend solely upon the grace of sponsors.

If illegal stickers are still produced and marketed, we will have some member somewhere order one. Once he or she receives them, we are forced to take action. So please, stay away from doing this and keep patient, stickers WILL be produced and sold.

As stated before, we do on the other hand not forbid anyone to cut decals for their own car. Just don't sell them.

The Mazda6club team. "

Absinthe said:
Nice design, C...

Hmm how about using the original mazda3 logo then add the word "forums.com" in the end...
Would that against the copyright?
Thanks, thought about using their logo, but like you said, it's copyright. Wouldn't even want to try it, and MZ6 wouldn't go for it. Would even use the 3 from the board logo, but I don't know what the font is.

Glad to hear that there will be a sticker for this site. Dare I hope, even sooner than mazda6club? Nah, didn't assume the rules would be the same, just similar. It's all good though. :)

Yuki said:
good design....the words ar good with the rounded ends...is not that easy to pill....
can the 3 be a bit thicker and the other black words a little bit thinner? it looks kinda thin for the 3...and the rest ar kinda thick...
just some comments...and OPV
Why don't you give it a shot? I had other ideas, but like I said I am not very good at being creative. I really liked the thick lettering-will stand out easier. I'm all for changing it a bit, but I cranked that out in less than 20 minutes. :D edit- the thick black letters are a result of the font I used, so there's no changing the thickness without changing the font.

MZ6ZoomZoom said:
You could change the thickness if you imported it into pshop and scaled it outword, csweeny.

And yes, I think we might be able to beat out 6club :p
Like I said, I'm not skilled at photoshop, unfortunately. I'll give it a try though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.