Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a random thought today which was that I don't think I've ever seen a Mazda 3 with stripes. I mean kids these days like to throw stripes on any type of car but I've never seen a 3 with stripes. Not even on here. I've never thought stripes looked good on many cars except race cars or Miata's. Just wondering if anyone on here has striped their 3 or just throw out your opinions on the matter.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
sweet lord no.

the lines of the car don't really lend themselves to stripes. the most tasteful treatment i've seen are usually a subtle pinstripe to set off the lines along the side or some integration of one solid, large strip usually starting with the grille and working its way up the hood lines. then perhaps the roof is the same colour along with the trunk.

i dunno... maybe i'm wrong. thoughts?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Yes, it's been done, by my brother in law. It lasted about a month before he took them off. Like it was said above, kids.

~Saint

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
stripes no, pinstripes yes. mine starts at the tip of the rear of my headlights and wraps all the way around the car until it meets the other headlight. looks real nice imo

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea i've seen a few pinstriped but I'm not really a big fan of that either. Some of the two tones on here look good though.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
When I think of racing stripes, I think of all of the Cavaliers running around town with a big 1foot wide strip all the way from the hood to the trunk. It makes me cry a little inside.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
it makes me laugh a lot on the outside to see those cavaliers with the giant stripes

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The worst ones are the guys who do the giant stripe thats offset to the side all the way down the car on a cavalier or old corolla. Although I do like stripes on some Corvettes and Miata's. But like you have all said, I don't think it would look good at all on our 3s. Pinstriping can be done tastefully I guess but that's about it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Big white stripes on a blue 2000ish Viper GTS is hot!!!

~Saint

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea and of course they look good on vipers. By the way, I saw cavalier with a rusted hood with stripes on it on my walk to class today lmao.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
[quote author=miatamaniac link=topic=68263.msg1178687#msg1178687 date=1170259894]
The worst ones are the guys who do the giant stripe thats offset to the side all the way down the car on a cavalier or old corolla.
[/quote]

i almost just spit soda all over my computer screen!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Stripes make the baby Jesus cry!

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
WTF is wrong with u guys.!!!

an M3 with stipes is way hot!

but an MZ3 i dont know!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Stripes on Jap car, no thanks. Maybe on the old American muscles. There is a blue Mustang pony edition (pony? that's cute....awww) downstairs in the lot and it's got stripes. I think that looks shitty. Yesterday I just saw a Pontiact g5 with stripes, and that looks shitty as well. I think they'd look better with vinyl, at least there are more variaties to choose from. Stripes look all the same to me.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Here are a couple PShop's.... doesnt look terrible... but I sorta agree with devil2k...

·
Registered
976 Posts
[quote author=morpheen link=topic=68263.msg1213222#msg1213222 date=1171679277]
Here are a couple PShop's.... doesnt look terrible... but I sorta agree with devil2k...
[/quote]

I do like the red/black combination some mazda 3 owner did. The black part starts from the middle of the hood and fan out alone the "dent" of the hood. I might not describe it very well but you should know what I mean :)

But just plain stripes don't look good on a 3

1 - 20 of 30 Posts