Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up guys, i need some help please...

I'm driving a 2007 Mazda3s 4-door and...
I purchased some aftermarket LED taillights which i love, they fit great and everything, but there's one thing that's messing up the great look...

I didn't have any issues installing the taillights with the car, i just had to plug it in with the stock cables and sockets that were originally in my m3, but here's the problem. The "turning-signal female socket" (clip) for the bulb is strictly an "Amber" socket, that's how Mazda distributes them. So i went to a couple of auto part stores to purchase some 7440 light bulbs (clear or red), and correct me if i'm wrong but i believe this model m3 uses 7440 for it's taillights, but anyways when i would go to put the 7440 bulb into the "Amber" socket, of course it wouldn't fit because it's specifically printed on the plastic socket/clip "Amber." I went to the Mazda dealer and they said that if they were to order a turning-signal female socket, it would be the same one that came with the car, so that does me no good.

Currently i do have that orange "Amber" bulb on, which just makes the taillights look ugly and cheap (as you can see i hate orange stock lights on cars, i'm sure most of you agree as well). All i need help with guys is that i need to know where & how i can get "turning-signal female sockets" that will take different bulbs for my m3 taillights.

Here's the item # for the taillights i purchased, just copy and paste it on the search bar on eBay...

Thank you for taking the time to read this! hope to hear from you guys!

G

·
bought the same smoked black pair as well, and i also bought the 7440 chrome dipped amber for signals, but yea, i attempted and tried for a while to find chrome dipped/red and had no luck, it was always either chrome dipped amber/ or chrome dipped clear and clear ones arent street legal here in northeast, but if you do find them let me know, not a big fan of the orange look either ^_^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts