Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent about an hour on Edmunds looking at all sedans in the $15-25,000 price range. For the money, looks, and add-ons (ABS, moonroof, leather, Xenon), the M3 has no comparison. I am not buying until summer but the M3 is going to be hard to beat. Still want to look at the Scion tC coupe when available in June.

BTW, Edmunds has a ton of material for anybody looking to buy/lease a new/used car. Valuable information that could save you hundreds/thousands when haggling with a salesperson.

Kevin

·
Registered
273 Posts
my choices are the Tc and the 3 also
i want to drive the Tc at least before i buy my 3
and hopefully by then they will have a turbo out for the 3 so that i can compare the supercharged Tc with the turbo 3

·
Registered
310 Posts
I don't know what M3 you're looking at, but the M3 has a price of around $50,000. Now if you were talking about the Mazda3, that would be a different story...

·
Registered
169 Posts
98LX said:
I don't know what M3 you're looking at, but the M3 has a price of around $50,000. Now if you were talking about the Mazda3, that would be a different story...
Even some dealers write M3 on stuff, but nice try. :roll:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I can't stand it when people do this. It's not like people call them NA's or TC's or HA's. And even if they did, they aren't using names of cars that are already in existance. "Oh yeah, my Nissan Altima which I abbreviate to Accord." BMW makes the M3, not Mazda. Mazda doesn't even make an MZ3, just a 3.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
98LX said:
I can't stand it when people do this. It's not like people call them NA's or TC's or HA's. And even if they did, they aren't using names of cars that are already in existance. "Oh yeah, my Nissan Altima which I abbreviate to Accord." BMW makes the M3, not Mazda. Mazda doesn't even make an MZ3, just a 3.
Actually, Mazda doesn't make a "3" either, they make the "Mazda3" :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
No, they make the 3, like they used to make the Protégé or 626, it's called a "model." The "3" is a model of the make "Mazda."

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I certainly know the difference between the "make" and "model' of a car. From what I have seen on the Mazdausa website and many reviews, the make of the car is Mazda, while the model is called "Mazda3"; so the official name is "Mazda Mazda3", like the Mazda6 is the "Mazda Mazda6". It doesn't really matter, but it just like to defend what I said. I refer to the car as Mazda3 or MZ3 in these forums, and will continue to do so.

I do agree however that the Mazda3 probably shouldn't be referred to as the M3.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It's really not that serious. Who care who calls it what? I can't believe people are taking this so seriously. Have you nothing better to spend your time/energy on?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
USCMazda3 said:
It's really not that serious. Who care who calls it what? I can't believe people are taking this so seriously. Have you nothing better to spend your time/energy on?
I understand what you are saying, I just don't like people saying I don't know something as simple as the difference between a make and model of a car. :evil: :wink:

Subject dropped :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
M3 vs MZ3 vs Mazda3

Uh... Regardless of what we call the Mazda3 on this forum, it seems to me that it should be understood "in context", because this is a Mazda forum.

You guys oughta chill...

dg

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
M3 compared to other cars?

I have only one thing to say: for the price, you get a REALLY NICE interior!!!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
wtf is a Scion tC? who makes it? is it a sub-model to toyota or something?

mate... go the mz3 looks better, is better.

·
Registered
256 Posts
shaund said:

It's a small two door coupe. Should pull about 160hp. Saw a picture of it in one of my auto mags. Not attractive in my book, but that's just one man's opinion...

·
Registered
330 Posts
EnFuego138 said:
shaund said:

It's a small two door coupe. Should pull about 160hp. Saw a picture of it in one of my auto mags. Not attractive in my book, but that's just one man's opinion...
I've seen pictures also. Looks faintly like a Toyota Avante(sp). Fair on looks, I prefered the Xa

·
Registered
11 Posts
98LX said:
I also can't stand this...look at my sig: I don't own two M3's!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Saw the two other Scion's on Car & Driver TV yesterday, man those two are incredibly fugly!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts