Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I´ve just got a M3 i touring, with the single disc MP3 icon on the stereo, but when i introduced a regular mp3 disc in it, it just shows 1 single track and in plays nothing. What the hell do i have to do to play regular mp3 discs in the stereo? is there any specific way to burn them? can you tell me how please? :) thanks a lot for your help :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I wondered this for a long time and today I figured it out. I use iTunes, so thats what the instructions I'm about to give are for.

1. Create a playlist of songs that you want on the CD.
2. Highlight all the songs in the list (hold ctrl and click each one or edit -> select all)
3. Right click on any song, doesn't matter which.
4. Click on "Convert ID3 Tags..."
5. Under ID3 tag version select "v2.4"
6. Now burn to the CD and all the song names, artists and albums will be available to see on the LCD screen
6. It will ask for the Disc Format, select MP3 CD and click burn.

Once the CD is in the car, if you push in the Left Knob, it will change between song title, artist, album...etc

If you don't understand fully, let me know and I can try and explain it better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, thanks 4 that bro! but guess what? I did exactly as you said, and when i went into the car, and the MP3 disc was in the stereo, the same happened....1 only song, playing NOTHING... just silence.... :S .... any other suggestion? ´Cause i´ve wasted 2 many CD´s trying to make it work.

Thanks anyway 4 your help :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have no idea about that... Very strange. Not sure what to tell you. :( Sorry man. Good luck.

This probably will sound stupid, but I have done it myself and wondered why nothing was playing. Did you turn the volume up or accidentally leave it on mute? I have had it at 0 volume and couldn't figure out why nothing was playing, until I had a "I'm an idiot" moment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xD LoL
Well, i actually checked my volume... i took it to the limit, and nothing... the "mute" was off xD did checked it, and nothing....

Anyone could tell me what the /&%$· can i do? .... ´cause carryin´lots of CD´s can piss me off :S ... i´d rather carry 1 only MP3 disc, but.. its not workin xD

and...if i want to take it to Mazda, my dad will tell me to wait until he finds himself in the same problem xD damn!

Well, if there is another suggestion.... please MTV, pimp my ride! (damn, that wasnt supposed to be in here xD)

Seriously, i´d appreciate any help...and you you SuperTrooper, thanks for your help and time :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Are the songs you put on your MP3 CD downloaded songs or are they songs you have ripped from other CD's you own? When I tried to convert songs from my own CD's, they couldn't and only downloaded songs would work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well man... i´ve tried only with downloaded songs, and nothing... i´m thinking that maybe those assh0l3s didn´t put the MP3 disc reader, even in the car says so.

I´ll just have to wait :S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts