Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry didnt know where to ask this, I got my black meca 2006 GT sedan and for some reason I'm having doubts about it, I got brand new from a dealer. I'm not sure if it's a GT, now the way it looks is, I have the fog lights surrounded by that black plastic not the one with the circle going into the frame and the grill is not the body colored one too its the honey comb grill in this post here: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=17644.0 the 2.0 looks like mine not the 2.3. Is it a year thing? maybe it's the 2007 models, is there any other way for me to tell if it's a GT 2.3?

My insurance tells me it's a GT but still for some reason i'm not convinced...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not an 06 GT Grill

If you have a true Mazda 3 S GT, you will have auto climate controls, auto headlights, rain sensing wipers and leather seating.
You May have an I Touring and not an S Grant Touring.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Yeah, if that's your front end, you don't have a GT. Those were only the 2.3 models.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I just got off the phone with the dealer and he said that only the GFX comes with the body color grill not the GT Is there a GFX model for the 2006... :? I didnt know that I thought they were all the same. But I have the 17" wheels, shouldnt the GT come with 16" ?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
More confusion caused by folks that: a. Don't tell us where the heck they are. and b. Don't read the brochure for the car they're buying. It must just be my cheap Scot nature, but when I put out $25K for the Velo Hatch, I knew everything about it before hand.

Visit www.mazda.ca to see what's up. Welcome and enjoy your black meca. :?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Ok, now you've lost me, because apparantly GT means an entirely different thing outside of the US.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=mndsm link=topic=70616.msg1237330#msg1237330 date=1172618455]
Ok, now you've lost me, because apparantly GT means an entirely different thing outside of the US.
[/quote]

Yup. And the SP23 is still available in AU. MZ3's all around the world and they're all special. :)

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Yeah, the whole SP23 thing really throws me. Especially since you can get them in all kinds of colors elsewhere, but only Carbon Gray here. And Carbon Gray is still available in Canada. WHEN WILL IT END!

·
Registered
397 Posts
[quote author=Golgo_13 link=topic=70616.msg1236055#msg1236055 date=1172593948]
Sorry didnt know where to ask this, I got my black meca 2006 GT sedan and for some reason I'm having doubts about it, I got brand new from a dealer. I'm not sure if it's a GT, now the way it looks is, I have the fog lights surrounded by that black plastic not the one with the circle going into the frame and the grill is not the body colored one too its the honey comb grill in this post here: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=17644.0 the 2.0 looks like mine not the 2.3. Is it a year thing? maybe it's the 2007 models, is there any other way for me to tell if it's a GT 2.3?

My insurance tells me it's a GT but still for some reason i'm not convinced...
[/quote]

What does it say on your sticker when you bought the car?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=warpspeed link=topic=70616.msg1237508#msg1237508 date=1172622661]
What does it say on your sticker when you bought the car?
[/quote]

That may be the problem - could be in French, could be in English, could be he's not bi-lingual. Mazda Tre - Zoom la la, Zoom la la :lmao:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
El zoom-o? Could be a cheap knockoff 3.

·
Registered
801 Posts
To the rescue...

Basically, you have a 2.3 Liter GT model. The GFX package adds up to what our friends south call the "s" model. their GT is a little bit on top of that in that it has HID headlights, Automatic Climate Control and Leather with heated seats among other things (which here in Canada is a package called "Luxury Package" or LP for short). Xenon and Auto Climate wasn't available for us in 2006 though.

therefore, you have a GT, just not GFX.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
[quote author=Darknodin link=topic=70616.msg1237930#msg1237930 date=1172633388]
To the rescue...

Basically, you have a 2.3 Liter GT model. The GFX package adds up to what our friends south call the "s" model. their GT is a little bit on top of that in that it has HID headlights, Automatic Climate Control and Leather with heated seats among other things (which here in Canada is a package called "Luxury Package" or LP for short). Xenon and Auto Climate wasn't available for us in 2006 though.

therefore, you have a GT, just not GFX.
[/quote]

Thanks. Even if he doesn't read that, it's useful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thnx Darknodin, but isn't the xenon light the one with the bulb looking like a magnifying glass? If this is it then I have it on my car plus mine came with 17" rims, those are on the GFX not GT, I guess my car is like Frankenstein, sorry for not saying before I live in canada montreal.

I'll be adding pics later.

·
Registered
801 Posts
[quote author=Golgo_13 link=topic=70616.msg1241443#msg1241443 date=1172767914]
Thnx Darknodin, but isn't the xenon light the one with the bulb looking like a magnifying glass? If this is it then I have it on my car plus mine came with 17" rims, those are on the GFX not GT, I guess my car is like Frankenstein, sorry for not saying before I live in canada montreal.

I'll be adding pics later.
[/quote]

No problem... the Xenon is the bluish (although in all seriousness, its only slightly bluer than sunlight color) light that you see on BMWs and the like. its much brighter than halogens that you have on most cars. What you have however is a projector lens (like what most xenon-equipped cars) but with a halogen bulb. in Canada, only the 2007 GT-LP gets Xenon. and good with the 17s, some dealers sell em like that. and yea, normally they are only available with GFX. by the way, I'm from mtl too, where are you from? oh and :ttiwwp:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=Golgo_13 link=topic=70616.msg1244211#msg1244211 date=1172853848]
I live in south shore montreal, and pics will be coming soon :sedansrule:
[/quote]

Four posts and he's already talking through his arse-hat. :woohoo:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Eh he knows where his place is. There's a reason they never made a Mazdaspeed3 sedan......

·
Registered
801 Posts
[quote author=mndsm link=topic=70616.msg1244336#msg1244336 date=1172857351]
Eh he knows where his place is. There's a reason they never made a Mazdaspeed3 sedan......
[/quote]

cuz it would be WAAY too cool. there'd be rioting in the streets because not everyone could buy one. the earth would have probably been in complete chaos!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts