Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=237027

The M3 wins with 5 stars vs. the Audi's 4.

Both cars get a good review, especially the M3 with excellent handling, good engine, and spacious cabin. Only downside is engine noise in the cabin.

The same goes for Audi, but gets some criticism for its high price, slow engine and interiour space.

If the prices were even, I think it would be a tie. But carprices in Denmark are very high compared to other countries.

A Mazda 3 2.0 sport with A/C and Xenons (my own) costs around 48.000 US dollars. No I am not kidding....

·
Registered
330 Posts
McNum said:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=237027

The M3 wins with 5 stars vs. the Audi's 4.

Both cars get a good review, especially the M3 with excellent handling, good engine, and spacious cabin. Only downside is engine noise in the cabin.

The same goes for Audi, but gets some criticism for its high price, slow engine and interiour space.

If the prices were even, I think it would be a tie. But carprices in Denmark are very high compared to other countries.

A Mazda 3 2.0 sport with A/C and Xenons (my own) costs around 48.000 US dollars. No I am not kidding....
Actually it is against the Audi 3

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dinu01 said:
So do only rich/really well-off people have cars?
Sort of. New cars is not for low income families :)
There are a lot of Ford Sierras and VW Golf II driving around here for the same reason...

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Murrato said:
Actually it is against the Audi 3
I think when he said Audi's 4, he meant the A3 received 4 stars against the Mazda3's 5 star rating.

What's keeping those prices way up there in Denmark?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Don't read Danish, but did get Prince Frederik in Oz for a visit a couple of weeks ago. A bit odd how the cars are rated out of 6 stars?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Can't read Danish either. But I see that the vehicle tested was a Mazda3 hatch with a 1.6L engine. And that it did 0-100kmh in 11 seconds. Pretty decent for a little engine.

I also noticed that they measured it's "Topfart" as 182km/t!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What - you don't believe the figures mentioned in the article? 182 km/h is actually a bit low for a 1.6L engine in a car like M3. Competitors run around 190-195 km/h

·
Registered
18 Posts
In Spain prices are much lower. The same car costs here around 16000€. Those are the costs of the social welfare.

On the contrary, in the US you have to pay if you go to the doctor... it's each country's decision!

Personally, I prefer the Danish system---despite my love for cars.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Can someone give me some stats on what the A3 has?
AWD? how much hp/tq?

I'm curious :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
102 hp / 148 nm, FWD. It wouldn't make much sence with a AWD 1.6 ;)
0-100 11,9 secs, topspeed 185 km/h

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I think Suzuki's or Mitsubishi has made some AWD small cars :)
But anyways, I think the 2.0L Audi A3 has AWD.

Regardless, Mazda > Audi :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts