Mazda3 Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
651 Posts
[quote author=NuMzFanboy link=topic=659.msg811076#msg811076 date=1152422255]
[quote author=ENH729 link=topic=659.msg810314#msg810314 date=1152389898]
The Azera isn't luxury. Its the same class as an Accord (25K).
[/quote]

Isn't it an attempt at Hyundai to move in a more "upscale" direction....despite the price...? Wasn't the premise of the thread "GEE WHY DOESN'T Mazda have a luxury line?" Wasn't the response that it's out-of-character for an economy car company to go "upscale?" The VW Phaeton was mentioned and I agree with that. The Azera is Hyundai attempting to "grow up." And YES, I know Hyundai isn't the coolest car company out there.
[/quote]

I simply said that the Azera wasn't much of a luxury addition to Hyundai, its a relatively affordable mid-size sedan. I just don't consider the Azera relevant to the topic of adding a luxury line of automobiles to Mazda. Mazda has an Azera, its called the 6. It's just not what this thread is about, and that is adding a luxury car, typically characterized by a 30K+ price tag that would be placed above the 6. Also, it seems as though by saying "line", they meant new model line/manufacturer ie. Lexus, Infiniti, Acura.

· Registered
59 Posts
i think you guys are forgetting about (dare i say) lincoln. ford mixes up there design process more than meets the eye. the mkx and edge are based off the cx-7 and mkz/fusion/milan off the 6. drivetrains may differ but, im sure suspension is very simalar, and lets not forget that AWD became an option on the fusion an mkz shortly after the mazdaspeed6 was introduced. im sure alot of the design/technology came from volvo as well but that stuff is harder to decipher. every car company does this sort of thing, some just hide it, others take GM's piss poor approach. if another division were created it would just be pointless, all needs are already covered from fords point of view.

· Registered
504 Posts
CX-7 GT is the best option, i was on the car show here in Miami, and CX-7 i do not know if it was GT or plain version, but it looked empty compare to Acura RDX, of course $5000 difference but Acura looked much more hooked with so many features and so on just for extra $5000. I think CX-7 should have luxury interior colors, brown, red, or baige.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.