Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
I have recently decided to lower my M3. I'm a college student so I don't have over $1,000 to throw into my suspension. I'm kinda stuck between buying raceland ultimo coilovers and megans ez street coilovers. A good friend of mine has raceland ultimos on his mk5 jetta and he's had 0 issues in the past year. After reading several forums I hear of racelands blowing out and having problems. however they have a 2 year warranty which sounds promising. Basically, I wanna drop my car about 1.5 to 1.75 inches (NO LOWER THAN 2). I'm gonna buy this camber arm kit http://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...VfzagVCstYj_8n5qvTKt5Iwk2qPZQjnks0aAtHO8P8HAQ ... to reduce the tire wear. My main question is what other parts do I need to lower my mazda? Is there anything else I should know about lowering mazda 3's? I drive a 2007 2.3l hatch. Is 1.5 inches a decent drop? I live in Ocean City MD which is bottom out central.

·
Registered
2008 Mazda 3i Hatchback
4 Posts
Same car here, M3i and people are tellong me not to lower my car because itll cause issues.

Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I replaced my suspension with Godspeed track springs, moog sway bar ends and bilstein shocks and struts. No issues, my car handles much better, quieter (stock sway bar ends wear out and make noise). Ride is a bit stiffer but not noticeable except to me. Very happy with results for not alot of cash. Drop is 1 inch all around. Amazing how it makes such a difference in stance and handling! Stock ride height in last photo before track springs.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just do springs, why get coilovers that you will never adjust, and if you do change them its off to the alignment shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts