Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a 2021 mazda 3 turbo.Low oil light is on does anyone else have this issue?
What is the oil level? When the light is on, one needs to know the dipstick/oil level to make a judgement about whether it's truly low oil volume/pressure or simply a malfunctioning sensor/wiring fault.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the oil level? When the light is on, one needs to know the dipstick/oil level to make a judgement about whether it's truly low oil volume/pressure or simply a malfunctioning sensor/wiring fault.
The oil level is fine hence my question

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do an oil change and check how much oil comes out. It should be around the same amount you need to put into it. Did you check the oil level when it was hot and cold?

·
Registered
238 Posts
The oil level is fine hence my question
The oil level wasn't apparent with your post. With a 2021, what's stopping you from bringing it straight to the dealer for warranty coverage? If your oil level is correct and the light remains, they need to troubleshoot or change the sensor and evaluate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just happened on my 2021 Turbo with 5200 miles. Why would a new car be using oil? This concerns me. I ended up adding oil. I'm going to have to keep an eye on this. My oil change isn't due for another 2500 miles per the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This just happened on my 2021 Turbo with 5200 miles. Why would a new car be using oil? This concerns me. I ended up adding oil. I'm going to have to keep an eye on this. My oil change isn't due for another 2500 miles per the car.
I wouldn't let this slide, I would take it back to the dealer with the light on and have them figure out the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing happened to me at 4600miles . Did an oil change and it seemed about half a quart low. Wtf!!!

2021 turbo pp
Apparently they don't come with that extra half quart off the truck from the factory and it was not a part of their PDI process to put more in.

Adding about 1/4 - 1/2 quart more every oil change solves the problem. Had the same issue, got it resolved during my first free oil change at the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
But that makes no sense to me. its supposed to last until 10k for an oil change let alone go low and went low before 5k.… you shouldnt have to add ”extra” oil unless it was a half a quart low to begin with and that should be resolved after 1 full oil change after…

·
Registered
2 Posts
But that makes no sense to me. its supposed to last until 10k for an oil change let alone go low and went low before 5k.… you shouldnt have to add ”extra” oil unless it was a half a quart low to begin with and that should be resolved after 1 full oil change after…
It's every 6 months or 5k miles, not 10k miles for an oil change.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The manual doesn't even give you a schedule for transmission fluid changes. Follow that recommendation? Yeah, good luck with that.
I do drain and fill of the ATF every 30k, and a filter change every 60.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just saw on the 2021 Mazda3 Turbo FB group a screen shot of a tech logged into the Mazda service portal. There is a TSB in the works for the oil loss. Apparently IT IS NOT NORMAL and is due to a valve change Mazda made in the last 8 months on all the cars make in Japan. All last VINS below 403639. Seems like a lot of us are in for a top of engine tear-down and head replacement. 🤬🤬🤬

Considering at 2,400 miles all of the interior rattles this car has along with the drive train drone (bad wheel bearing or rear diff) I might pursue the Lemon Law with this car and get rid of it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts