Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a high mileage thread, so I thought for those of us who have had our Mz3's for a while and don't have a lot of miles on our car we could post here.

I got my '05 Mz3 2.3 in July of 2005 and just passed 10,500 miles.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Got my MS3 on 2/19 and have 220 miles on her!

·
Registered
264 Posts
'07 MZ3 purchased on 2006.11.11 and it just broke 4k this week.

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote author=GimmeA3s link=topic=72161.msg1271030#msg1271030 date=1174052954]
Wow...you bought your MZ3 by use of a time machine?
[/quote]

Doh! :dur: It's still early and the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. :sleep:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've got about 330 miles on mine. I'm still breaking the thing in...lol...

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I took delivery 12/21/2005 and have all of 5300 miles on it. :klavergreg:

·
Registered
610 Posts
[quote author=azasadny link=topic=72161.msg1270976#msg1270976 date=1174050591]
Got my MS3 on 2/19 and have 220 miles on her!
[/quote]

I have 750 miles on the MS3 as of today. No problems and still breaking her in!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I now have over 800 miles on the ODO. Break-in time is OVER...Time to have some fun... :D

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
[quote author=SM link=topic=72161.msg1292677#msg1292677 date=1174948336]
I now have over 800 miles on the ODO. Break-in time is OVER...Time to have some fun... :D
[/quote]
Glad to hear you've finally bought one SM.

Also pleased to see you took my advice and bought an i touring. :goodjob:

Hope you're enjoying it!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thanks, CDTMAZDA3....I just couldn't justify the extra cost of the 2.3L. I drove it and I'm glad I did. I saved myself about $2100 doing so. The 2.0L is surprisingly quick. It feels like a sub 16sec car. I just installed my K & N air filter, took the car out for a 10min ride to get the ECM to get used to the extra airflow, went to a highway entrance and promptly burned rubber all the way through 1rst gear to red line and chirped them in 2nd. In quick fashion, I was doing 90mph with little effort. That, combined with the already sports car feel and the fact my last 2 tanks are averaging 30 mpg, I think the 3iT sedan is the best for value. No doubt about it. I know the Toyo Proxis(sp?) it came with are not that sticky, but they're not as bad as I thought they'd be. I'd still like a stickier tire after they wear out. But, overall, the more I drive this car, the more I like it. A very nice replacement for for previous car...

Quite frankly, I don't know who'd want more in a car. I think it's about the best all around 2.0L normally aspirated car on the road. I can't think of any other car that isn't: heavier, thirstier, slower, less quality or more expensive than the Mz3i. As a grocery getter, I don't think it gets much better.

And just to keep with the thread, I know have about 860 miles. At 1000, I'll do the free oil change at the dealer then at 2Kmles, I'll switch to Amsoil's 0w-20 Synthetic.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
[quote author=SM link=topic=72161.msg1299512#msg1299512 date=1175199256]
Thanks, CDTMAZDA3....I just couldn't justify the extra cost of the 2.3L. I drove it and I'm glad I did. I saved myself about $2100 doing so. The 2.0L is surprisingly quick. It feels like a sub 16sec car. I just installed my K & N air filter, took the car out for a 10min ride to get the ECM to get used to the extra airflow, went to a highway entrance and promptly burned rubber all the way through 1rst gear to red line and chirped them in 2nd. In quick fashion, I was doing 90mph with little effort. That, combined with the already sports car feel and the fact my last 2 tanks are averaging 30 mpg, I think the 3iT sedan is the best for value. No doubt about it. I know the Toyo Proxis(sp?) it came with are not that sticky, but they're not as bad as I thought they'd be. I'd still like a stickier tire after they wear out. But, overall, the more I drive this car, the more I like it. A very nice replacement for for previous car...

Quite frankly, I don't know who'd want more in a car. I think it's about the best all around 2.0L normally aspirated car on the road. I can't think of any other car that isn't: heavier, thirstier, slower, less quality or more expensive than the Mz3i. As a grocery getter, I don't think it gets much better.

And just to keep with the thread, I know have about 860 miles. At 1000, I'll do the free oil change at the dealer then at 2Kmles, I'll switch to Amsoil's 0w-20 Synthetic.
[/quote]
Obviously I agree with you that the i represents a superior value for the class. Unfortunately most potential 3 buyers seem to write-off the i immediately and only consider s models without giving the i any consideration. Performance-wise the difference between the two models seems to be very minor, but where the car's real-world fuel-economy results are compared the gap seem to be significantly greater. After 25 months my '05 just passed the 34k mile mark yesterday (all trouble-free) and I've gotten over 38 mpg for the last 3 fillups.

I also have the Toyos on my car and although they're not the stickiest so far they've kept their balance and have been wearing very evenly. I'm admittedly not a hard driver, but based on appearances believe my car's o.e. tires may last another 15-20k miles before they'll require replacement.

Just a friendly suggestion, but I'd avoid performing very many burnouts with your 3 since it's been documented on the forum that the motor mounts in our car are soft and can break under severe use.

In any case glad to hear you're enjoying your i touring.

(sorry for the thread jack)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Right you are...I try not to impact the drive train. There's where a lot of damage occurs. What I do is slip the clutch then go to WOT. The tires light easily. But the shift into 2nd was harsh. I'll take the mounts into consideration. I'm sure they're the expensive to replace fluid filled kind...I just wanted to see what was possible.

(also sorry for the thread jack) Back to mileage. Still same as before...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Got mine in July '06 and just hit 2200 miles now (April 07). That comes out to a somewhat pathetic ~3000 miles a year.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts