Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I'll give it a try. About a year ago, I bought a new Mazda 3 Grand Touring in Black Mica, 5 speed. Then I got very sick, had to quit my job and sell the car, which was a heartbreaker because I loved that car.
Anyway, Now I am getting back on my feet and thinking of buying an 06 Mazda 3 Grand Touring. But I am also looking at Mazda RX8, 04 or 05. I was surprised to see that the RX8 blue book value was almost the same as the Mazda 3.
I want to know if anyone on this board has a RX8 and can give me some insight.

Thanks.

Sorry if this was the wrong place to post this.

·
Registered
263 Posts
What kind of prices are you getting for the 2006 GT? I'm going to put mine for sale soon and I'm curious to see what you've been seeing.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
[quote author=KnoxBourne link=topic=136964.msg2952486#msg2952486 date=1235250805]
Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I'll give it a try. About a year ago, I bought a new Mazda 3 Grand Touring in Black Mica, 5 speed. Then I got very sick, had to quit my job and sell the car, which was a heartbreaker because I loved that car.
Anyway, Now I am getting back on my feet and thinking of buying an 06 Mazda 3 Grand Touring. But I am also looking at Mazda RX8, 04 or 05. I was surprised to see that the RX8 blue book value was almost the same as the Mazda 3.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Iv only heard bad things about rx8's with the engine's sucking and blowing iv talked to people that wouldn't get a rx8 unless it was new and had a full warrenty cuz apparently the engines are that unreliable (this is what i heard don't shoot the messenger, im just passing on what i heard)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=fixxer link=topic=136964.msg2952780#msg2952780 date=1235266419]
What kind of prices are you getting for the 2006 GT? I'm going to put mine for sale soon and I'm curious to see what you've been seeing.
[/quote]
The pricing for 06 GT have been between 13k and 15k, depending on mileage, condition of car etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=blankets3 link=topic=136964.msg2952793#msg2952793 date=1235266837]
[quote author=KnoxBourne link=topic=136964.msg2952486#msg2952486 date=1235250805]

Thanks.

[/quote]

Iv only heard bad things about rx8's with the engine's sucking and blowing iv talked to people that wouldn't get a rx8 unless it was new and had a full warrenty cuz apparently the engines are that unreliable (this is what i heard don't shoot the messenger, im just passing on what i heard)
[/quote]
Thanks for your input. Honestly, I've heard some similar things as well but I used to own a 95 RX7, which I bought brand new. Some people had bad experiences with that car but I never did. I think there are certain precautions u have to take for a rotary engine so that it doesn't get flooded.
I've heard that the RX8 takes a lot of oil, and the mileage sucks, which isn't surprising.
I'm so confused right now because I loved the 3, the only thing was that I wish it had more horsepower. I know that there is a speed3 available, but I like the sedan shape.
The only other car I've considered buying is an Acura RSX Type S, 05. It has 210 hp and is a six speed manual.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
[quote author=KnoxBourne link=topic=136964.msg2953084#msg2953084 date=1235277690]
[quote author=blankets3 link=topic=136964.msg2952793#msg2952793 date=1235266837]

Thanks.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Thanks for your input. Honestly, I've heard some similar things as well but I used to own a 95 RX7, which I bought brand new. Some people had bad experiences with that car but I never did. I think there are certain precautions u have to take for a rotary engine so that it doesn't get flooded.
I've heard that the RX8 takes a lot of oil, and the mileage sucks, which isn't surprising.
I'm so confused right now because I loved the 3, the only thing was that I wish it had more horsepower. I know that there is a speed3 available, but I like the sedan shape.
The only other car I've considered buying is an Acura RSX Type S, 05. It has 210 hp and is a six speed manual.
[/quote]

just wondering what price at u lookign to spend?

also 2 members are selling mazda's ones 2006 for around 14 with a turbo and alot of other nice mods, very well built, honestly if thats ur price range id get in on that if i was you...

(turbo add on cost about 2g's for the kit alone)

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
a guy I know has a rx8 with a 3 rotor and he's been through hell and back with it but iirc he dyno'd over 800whp on race gas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=blankets3 link=topic=136964.msg2953244#msg2953244 date=1235284027]
[quote author=KnoxBourne link=topic=136964.msg2953084#msg2953084 date=1235277690]

Thanks.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

just wondering what price at u lookign to spend?

also 2 members are selling mazda's ones 2006 for around 14 with a turbo and alot of other nice mods, very well built, honestly if thats ur price range id get in on that if i was you...

(turbo add on cost about 2g's for the kit alone)
[/quote]

Thanks for replying. Thats actually not a bad idea. I love the 3, loved driving it and when I sold it, I realized that it may have been the best car I've ever had, based on what I paid and what I got in return. And I have owned a lot of great cars like Audi and BMW.
I didn't even know that there was an option of putting a turbo for the 3. How much does the horsepower increase? I was even considering buying a used Speed3 but I'm not a big fan of the hatch.
As far as the $, I am looking to spend about 14k-16k.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
i was talking to my local mechanic, and he was saying that the reason that the rx8s get such a bad rap is because of the owners not taking care of them. The problem is they burn oil like crazy so the owners forget to refill, ruining the engine. Suppose to check it every time you fill up with gas.

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
yup if you dont maintain the rx8 well it will shit on you. Honestly I wouldn't get an rx8 as a DD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts