Mazda3 Forums banner

Louisiana Mazda Owners roll call and info

19K views 50 replies 8 participants last post by  brtate 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking for fellow members.

I haven't been into modifying cars for a few years, but now that I'm back I'm looking for other Mazda 3 or even Mazda owners in the New Orleans area.

#2 ·
Nobody in LA, or MS? Weak.

#3 ·
Bumping, anybody in SE Louisiana or Mississippi?

:huh2:

#4 ·
Bump, still no forum members down here?

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk.

#6 ·
Cool. I live on the northshore, work in New Orleans East. Hit me up when you're back.

What do you drive?

#7 ·
Stil nobody in LA huh?

#12 ·
Well, you've been awfully quiet all this time. How is the 3 treating you?

Rocky, myself, and a group of his friends are going to Import Faceoff in B.R. In November. Interested?

#13 ·
Just a bump. Any other 3 owners in LA other than me and Rocky?

#17 ·
Another NOLA member here. I'm in mid-city with my 2004 2.3s sedan - gray basecoat with green/purple colorchange paint over it. 18" alloys, everything tinted. Should be fairly obvious if you see me! No license plate at the moment - just a temp tag you can't see in my limo-dark rear window (got pulled over for that yesterday, cops were pretty interested in why I had rubber tubing, a measuring cup, and multiple bottles of chemicals in the car - namely Seafoam.)

#18 ·
Pics of that. I was floating the idea with Rocky of everyone getting together when it warms up at Fountainbleu State Park for a BBQ and such. Hope you can make it out.

#20 ·
Who was that girl with the 3 you know from BR? She never posted in here.

#22 ·
Yeah man, I just think it'd be fun to get the car guys in the area together at a BBQ or something with the families instead of the wives/girlfriends being bored at a drag race. Fountainbleu is right up the road from my house, and I can bring my wife and daughter.

#28 ·
Sweet now slam her :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Car does look nice. Every time Rocky brings up me lowering my car, I ask him if he wants to listen to a cantankerous todler every time I hit a bump. No, me either. Hence, my stock springs stay on.

Not sure if it's the lip or what, but those wheels look big. 18's?

#30 ·
Yeah that is a pretty meaty tire to be slammed on hahaha! I forgot you were from New Orleans, yeah that'd be a disaster! Hahaha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Stock springs, stock/heavy/strong wheels, thick sidewalls do have their merrits.:grin:

#31 ·
Yeah they're 18s - I may get some 17s in the future, noticed the rear tires (brand new) lost some tread on the outside corners from meeting with the wheel well. I think these new tires may be a little wider than the previous ones. Gonna take it a little slower on those dips from now on, and pray my street gets repaved soon.

#32 ·
May want to roll the rear fenders a little bit. You can find someone with a fender roller, or use a baseball bat and do it the ghetto/diy way. All you'd probably need to do is roll back the lip and you'd be good.

#33 ·
Open invite to all Louisiana members; if anyone wants/needs help with lowering springs/front control arms/strut + shock change feel free to let me know. Just did all the work, have the tools (even a spring compressor) and learned a few little tricks along the way.

I work for beer and pizza, cheapest mechanic rate you'll ever get.

#34 ·
Rocky just clued me in that Import Faceoff is March 9th. Not sure what his plans are, I'm going. Hopefully get my subwoofer installed before then.

Who else wants to go? Maybe meet up for breakfast before hand (we'll actually do it this time.)

#35 ·
http://forums.thefoat.com/ImportFaceOff/sg-forums.thread/th-1772/March+9th%2C+2014+-+Belle+Rose%2C+LA+-+No+Problem+Raceway/

Link to Import Faceoff for those interested. Just like Steph and ryanblyth you have PM's. It's at No Problem this time, so a bit of a drive for those of us north of the lake (I've probably got the worst one).

Leave a post here if you're planning to attend, and we'll all figure out if we're just meeting there or meeting up somewhere for breakfast and convoying in. Print a copy of the below flyer for $2 off at the gate.

#36 ·
Going to keep bumping this to see if any of my Louisiana members are coming.

Rocky, you're not going to weasel out of this.
ryanblyth, just like steph, you two thinking about coming???

#37 ·
#38 ·
just so you know, i believe NOdrift is going to be doing a drift demo from 9am-11am. not completely sure its still happening but will have more info tomorrow.

for anyone interested i will be posting any interesting events going on at NOLA Motorsports Park. mostly autocross and drift events.

and to anyone in the area who is looking for a real test of there driving skills, come down to NOLA motorsports park and try out the go karts! we also have race leagues every other week, and soon there will be Sodi GT max karts with 125 rotax engines on them that we will be renting out for a sprint race series.

#39 ·
Any word on the Nodrift exhibition? IFO starts at 10AM, and we plan to be there right about on time. Hope you can make it.

Thought I'd offer; I have a fair bit of mechanical experience. If you need an extra set of hands on standby should one of your guys run into mechanical trouble, I'd be willing to lend a hand. Let me know, I'll have a set of gloves on hand but would prefer not haul my tools out unless y'all need them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.