Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this now? :shock:

Pressing the brake to put the gear out of park and I hear the latch click really loudly. Tapping the brake pedal in park I can hear it click hard,... click click click with each press.

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with my taking the stereo out and installing an iPod connection... that's not even near the shift knob. I hope this isn't dangerous.. it sounds "loose" like something needs tightening so it doesn't click like that anymore.

Any ideas? Anyone else have this? Please help a gal out.

Edited to add: the click is heard right by the shift knob. It's the release thingie. I know, how technical.

·
Registered
66 Posts
dont worry totally normal, its the shift lock that is engaged when your foot is not on the brake. It keeps you from moving your shifter without your foot on the brake. sometimes the angle the car is parked at or how you put it into park the previous time will cause the lock releasing to be heard. you are fine :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same exact thing.

I have an '06 3 from last March... and just in the past month I began hearing this click only when the car is in park. click click click with each press.

Never used to hear it, or maybe I'm paranoid...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts