Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah i initially got borla because i asked around the board for a good sounding yet quieter exhaust system and I did get what initially wanted at the time (year ago-present). However, driving more and more I still appreciate the sound of the borla greatly but looking for something more loud as it makes my driving more fun and get bit of a natural high.... For me the, when driving with the borla at night with hardly any cars sounds the best.... but when there is other cars and traffic etc... it kind of blends in with the rest... i guess i just want to be an attention getter... but in reality it's not the attention i want, i just enjoy driving with a louder pipe...( i could care less to impress )

I also forgot that i also wanted to get the quieter exhaust before because i was afraid of what the neighbors would think.. but my neighbors are cool after meeting with them and seeing the guy living next too me has a loud pipe also...

So if you have any suggestions on the loudest yet good rated exhaust system let me know... I'll have to sell my borla somewhere probally take photo and sell it here...

so to summarize...
1. Loud exhaust
(limiting droning and ricer)
2. Good rated/Reputable manufacture (like the borla i have)
3. Increase in hp like my borla does right now..
BONUS... Large tip (though i can always change this myself.. later so not a problem..)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i forgot to add.. i still have the racing pipe that i haven't installed yet... from mazda3mods... will this make it lot louder... or not.. (i searched the forum and apparently seems it doesn't change much)..

·
Registered
68 Posts
the only thing i could think of right off the bat without doing the research would be Apex. they make some pretty loud exhausts. I too have the borla, and everyone i know loves the sound it gives, but i think something with a little more "growl" to it is more of my style. idk, hope you find what your looking for..

·
Registered
98 Posts
If your interested in selling your Borla let me know!!! I'm a huge Borla fan and my boy is looking for an exhaust for his 3... He's getting married in April and I'm looking for a wedding gift.. I payed $625 for my Borla set up and he loved it. I want to try and get him a kit to..

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
dont get an exhaust just to be loud. its ricey and fucking ANNOYING. if you want an exhaust upgrade install the race pipe. if thats not good enough for you get the OEM Mazdaspeed 3 exhasut WITH the straight pipe/race pipe and call it a day. if its STILL not loud enough cut off your exhasut at the fucking manifold and run around that way. trust me you will get noticed QUICK

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dont get an exhaust just to be loud. its ricey and fucking ANNOYING. if you want an exhaust upgrade install the race pipe. if thats not good enough for you get the OEM Mazdaspeed 3 exhasut WITH the straight pipe/race pipe and call it a day. if its STILL not loud enough cut off your exhasut at the fucking manifold and run around that way. trust me you will get noticed QUICK

I accept your opinion but I'm still interested in getting louder one :lol: I know it can be annoying and obnoxious but i just have more fun driving it and feels good just driving off... so back to topic hopefully there is consensus on which is loudest and is also good rated.. (meaning it's not ricey or droning... ) but i guess i might have to compromise as louder it gets more ricier and droning it gets?? i dunno... but i think i searched the board and seems magnaflow is loudest and is a very reputable exhaust... hopefully i get more then 7 consensus (lucky number 7).. :lol:

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
go get 2.25 piping and throw that the whole way. that will give you your loud.

myself, im about to get a 3" one made just like that. no cats no mufflers no resonators, etc.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=137299.msg2959926#msg2959926 date=1235543770]

myself, im about to get a 3" one made just like that. no cats no mufflers no resonators, etc.
[/quote]

uh, no i would not suggest that at all but if you want to have it that way i have a full 2.25" stainless exhaust with no mufflers and one resonator in it. it includes a test pipe. it used to be a mazdaspeed accessory exhaust until i cut the muffler out.

it is bloody loud, if you wanna trade lemme know. although when my car backfired it sounded like a shotgun blast and made a child cry once in a parking lot.

other than that, i'd suggest a vibrant exhaust.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
install the pipe, if that doesntdo it, then get either a custom made exhaust or a trubendz 2.5

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yEAH I think you guys left the part out where i do want loudest exhaust possible but limit the droning and ricey sound ...... Plus a reputable good rated exhaust.... i know that's a lot of variables to consider ... (actually not really).... but i'm sure someone has this particular exhaust and name would be nice so i can hear it then buy it....

so to summarize...
1. Loud exhaust
BONUS... Large tip (though i can always change this myself.. later so not a problem..)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=137299.msg2959926#msg2959926 date=1235543770]

[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean by getting 2.25 piping.... :?:

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
buy this exact exhaust:

trubendz 2.5" exhaust with race pipe and no resonator. it will sound like a very loud magnaflow since they use only one magnaflow muffler in the assembly. the tip is about 4" and it is loud but nice sounding. probably the loudest for the money.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
[quote author=HitIt link=topic=137299.msg2960718#msg2960718 date=1235585918]
I don't know if that's gonna be loud enough for this guy. Sounds crazy though.
[/quote]

Does that mean good :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
[quote author=LuisDC link=topic=137299.msg2961384#msg2961384 date=1235601163]
Does that mean good :)
[/quote]

It sounds pretty healthy and mean, but for my own car it would be way too loud for what I like. Sounds good on your car though.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You said
buy this exact exhaust:

trubendz 2.5" exhaust with race pipe and no resonator. it will sound like a very loud magnaflow since they use only one magnaflow muffler in the assembly. the tip is about 4" and it is loud but nice sounding. probably the loudest for the money.

I checked out trubendz and if i saw it correct it's around 150.00? isn't that too low for an exhaust system... seems like they sell small kits instead of an actually " all in one" kit with tip etc... i wonder how difficult it would be to install as it seems like it's all scattered around.... my borla was breeze to install.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You agree that the borla sounds good but isn't too loud ... was searching and found some people seem to think borla is like one of the loudest... i don't know how the can be so :lol:

Anyhow, i think trubendz seems bit confusing.. not sure exactly what to get as it shows smaller kits being sold...

sorry if i am getting this thread to keep going but last time i purchased borla i did get what i was looking at time but things changed and more research i put into this and having opinions of others, i'm sure i will keep the purchase for long time..

so back to the search of

1. Loud exhaust

1 - 20 of 49 Posts