obviously im not the most car savvy person... lol

thanks for replies

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
i paid 14k for an 04 back in MAY '08
it was a stick titanium gray hatch
12k miles.. super good condition...

i would probably give just around 9k for 04 with that mileage.... but again.. depends on equipment inside... sun roof ? leather ?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
i would give just about 9K up to 9,500... for it.. are they giving u any warranty for it ?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
please get them to check your motor mounts.. also latest flash for the ATX tranny.... and also purge valve solenoid.. common things to go bad .... ATX - SHIFT SHOCK.. 1st to 2nd gear... also consider the fact that 04 has a 4 speed ATX.. so fuel economy is not that great

·
Registered
513 Posts
I got my 05 auto s sedan with 50,000 for $10,700. brought it in summer 08.

I wouldnt pay that much for that car.

Look on autotrader.com im sure they got something better.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
since the beginning of '09... cars dropped in value.. keep that in mind :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I realy dont think your getting a good deal on this car. Now cars today do tend to last a while but lets just say 200k is about the life of the car. So that would mean that after another 25k you would be at half the cars life. So its getting up there. I would check yahoo autos, beepbeep.com, cars.com, autobytel.com, and autotrader.com. Im sure youll be able to find a better deal. Also since your in the market you might want to read my post titled car buying 101. Its in the release/pricing thread. Maybe it will bring some things to mind you havent thought of. Last thought. That warranty they are offering is terrible. If another place is offering a similar car with a 3 year 36k warranty on it for a grand or so more then that would probably be a better choice.

·
Registered
879 Posts
10.2?????? .

I just got an 07 with 20K miles for $13.5K

I've seen on autotrader.com, within 200 miles from my location in FL, about 70 listings for 04+ HBs... cheapest with similar mileage is about $9000. Only time it goes to 10K is when the mileage is in the 50Ks..

there is even a Red one with 77K for $8995.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts