Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to create a nice list of pics/brands/places to buy for white rims... I've been researching for a while and have found some, but I know a lot of people on here know way more than I do!!! (about rims at least lol)

I'm going to go with a white on white scheme for my HB with a drop...

Thanks guys! Keep on Zooming!

Tony

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
[quote author=Depou link=topic=68465.msg1183221#msg1183221 date=1170444727]
was looking for that tread :D
[/quote]

Might want to look near your wheels. :lol: kidding.

·
Registered
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, so painted... what brand paint, how long does it last? etc... You've gone similar road to what it is I want to do, white on white, was thinking open mouth grill, tint, keep it neat and tidy...

T

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
[quote author=aps11090 link=topic=68465.msg1184200#msg1184200 date=1170476376]
alright, so painted... what brand paint, how long does it last? etc... You've gone similar road to what it is I want to do, white on white, was thinking open mouth grill, tint, keep it neat and tidy...

T
[/quote]

If you can afford it, I'd powdercoat your rims white. It will last longer, and its much more durable. Powdercoating is fairly reasonable in price (hell, its a lot cheaper than buying new white rims, that's for sure!). It bonds to the metal with an electrical charge, so you know you won't be repainting in 2 years once the rims have rockchips in them.

·
Registered
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I know... 4 rims usually only runs around 275 for powdercoating... only problem is I'm in Northern Vermont... havn't found anyone around here to do that... and none the less, I would still need to buy rims, and then end up doing something so starting with white rims would be a cheaper solution I assume...

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
I just googled powdercoaters for my area and it came up with quite a few actually. You could powdercoat your stock rims and save yourself some money. That is what I plan on doing, eventually.

·
Registered
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like I said... northern VT lol... oh how I miss CT... none the less. I have 4 blizzaks on my stock rims right now, and I planned on leaving those on and then using my stock tires on new rims, that way nothing gets worn out... those blizzaks have such a thick sidewall, it takes quite some time to put them on and off let alone chancing screwing up the tires and/or rims...

And besides, for 500 bucks to have a second set of rims, as opposed to 300 bucks to have rims I already own powdercoated, seems like a 'might as well' to me... Of course if I come across a nice set of used rims that just need some TLC... I can find someplace that isn't local and bring them there to be done.

Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts