Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were looking to pickup a car for my girlfriend and were down to two. The Chevy Equinox and the Mazda3.

I looked around here a bit, but I would like to find out what type of mileage (total mileage of car and mpg) you guys are getting and what kind of problems if any have you had with your car?

I appreciate any information you can provide!

Brandon

·
Registered
3,331 Posts

Hey Brandon, and welcome to the forums!
You could do some searches as your questions may be more fully answered that way. These issues have been covered by me and others before.
However, my own experiences/opinions are: Well built car. Very reliable, not perfect, but hugely fun to drive. A few simple and relatively cheap mods can make it even more fun; Most ATX guys seem to suffer big time mileage wise; In normal mixed driving I usually get between 24 (summer, A/C full blast, thin pedal 3/4 depressed, shifts @ 4-5K,) and 28 (cooler weather, no A/C, thin pedal 3/4 depressed, shifts @ 3-4.5K,) though my best has been 30+; I, for one, am having more fun w/this car than I've had w/any car in nearly 20 yrs; Many extras usually found on much more expensive cars. Overall an excellent buy in today's market.
The downsides are: It is in the economy car class and is considered "sporty" so the ride is not plush, the sound deadening is not great, the factory sound system is only adequate, none of this bothers me in the least, but could be a problem for your GF. Though my wife usually joins me when I go to meets, she's not that crazy about my car... that's OK w/me because I am!! :lol:

Hope this helps, but as I say do some searches and you'll find lots of opinions that support mine as well as some that go the other way.
Good Luck to you and your GF in your search!
Richard

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
O, my parents have an 06' Torrent(Pontiac's verision of Equinox), I can tell you they have seen 16 MPG in it since they bought it, the vehichal now has 10k and still gets bad MPG, my 3 on the other hand, 06', gets around 22-23 with me driving it pretty hard in the sportshift alot, wish I got the manual.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just past 14,000 and have had no problems what-so-ever. MPG not exactly what I was expecting (about 24 average with mixed driving)...although I have gotten 31+ on long trips with AC blasting full in 100+ temps...

I have had my car about 11 months and I still enjoy getting in the car and driving it...loads of fun...haven't done any mods...

Nathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.