Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The black plastic around the gear shifter is scratched and even worse I made a hole by accident while adding the Android Auto kit. I'm trying to find a carbon fiber wrap for it that's already cut to size but the only ones I see for sale are MT with a parking brake. I have checked ebay, aliexpress, amazon, and on google images for even a picture of it but I can't find one.

An example wrap------------------------------ What I have (with electronic brake)

Does anyone know of a store that sells these in that format?

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
113 Posts

i know a few years ago asked my Mazda dealership parts dept about the carbon fiber vinyl and they said it was available to order.
alot of places that sell vinyl wrap probaly have the carbon fiber black matte version like the link above

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
113 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Mazda 3i Hatchback
4 Posts

I got that Vivid vinyl wrap and I did my roof, luggage rack, hood, mirrors and some of the details around the windows. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE STUFF.

At about $60 for a 10ft long, 5ft wide rool of it, its not bad.

There is some trial and error with it, you cannot do it without a heat gun and a squeegie (however you spell it) but with enough time and patience, it comes out beautifully.

I chose to use the matte on my gloss paintjob and it offsets it nicely. I saw a guy who had matte wrap and matte black paint and his Evo looked like a stealth fighter. I might matte black the rest of my car around my wrap in the near future.

The hood was a nightmare near the grill. (Itll be much easier to do if you have two or three people) but I recommend it!

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
113 Posts
Cool stufff!!
I have the same on my 2012 ... it came from mazda (carbon fiber package with the roof and mirrors with same wrap/ plus interior accents too with black one of kind rims.I thinkOnly 800 for canada and 2000 for the usa (spilt 50/50 auto and manual) .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I not aware of pre cut so cant help you. I can say as i did my own it is not that difficult. Here is a couple pictures of mine
Hey, can you give me a link to where you got the material?
You did a really great job was that using a template or just laying it over the plastic and cutting?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts