Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm helping my girlfriend look for a new car since hers is on its last leg. Her mom owns a 2007 3 Touring, and she really likes it so she is looking at getting a 2009 3i Touring Value. Obviously right now is a great time to buy a car if you can do it since dealers are desperate.

Anyways, I'm wondering what Touring Values are going for. The very least I am aiming for is invoice -1500 (1000 customer cash + 500 customer loyalty). So around $16,000 + TTL, but that would be the highest I am willing to go. I would love to get it even less. I'm hoping to get a great deal since the new 2010's should be at dealers in the next month or two and I'm helping them out by moving the old body style. I did the negotiating with the Mazda dealer for her mom when she got her 3 and the MSRP was $17 and change and I got it for her for $14,500 but that was two years ago.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum.

Let us know where you're at (this is a global forum :) ) Perhaps someone in your area will chime in with a recent experience or can provide better direction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=136266.msg2936014#msg2936014 date=1234587058]
Hey, welcome to the forum.

Let us know where you're at (this is a global forum :) ) Perhaps someone in your area will chime in with a recent experience or can provide better direction.
[/quote]

Haha, sorry about that. I'm in Florida, USA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in MD, picked mine up on 2/9/09 I'm happy with the deal I got.

2009 sedan auto i Touring value MSRP $19,820.00 (on the lot for 150 days) same car now has a
MSRP $20,020.00

moonroof/6cd pkg
rear wing spoiler
wheel locks
cargo net

$16,476.00 this includes FRT and customer/dealer cash with 2.9% for 60 months or 0% 36 months and no payments for 90 days.

Plus T T T 6% tax, MVA - $17,854 in my garage.

I was thinking to hold off until next month for more discounts but in the Mazda.com site search of 400 i tourings within 50 miles of me less than 10 have the color and options I wanted.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I guess you got your mindset on the old one over the new one. Oh well...

Good luck with your purchase!

dL

·
Registered
268 Posts
We just got a brand new speed3 with every feature in the book for 23.5k & 100k mile warranty. So that's down about 6k off msrp. (that's the hatchback model that includes a turbo, plus ours came with a nav)

Don't let them make you pay even close to retail...now is most definitely the time to snag yourself a nice deal. For a baseline model 3 i'd say 15k would be no problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got my 2009 Mazda3 i Touring Value in Metropolitan Gray w/

Automatic Trans.
Sirius
All-Weather Mats
Wheel Locks

for 16400

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys, thanks for your input.

So we went down to the local dealer here (there is only one anywhere close to the area) and I told them I am a no B.S. guy, so give me the lowest quote they can, if they tried to play games I'd walk out. They told me they could give me $1,500 off MSRP because of the $1,000 cash back and $500 customer loyalty. I just stared at the guy. He goes on to say how this is a great deal and a really good value. I politely asked him if I looked like a moron, because he is basically charging my MSRP for the car and only a moron pays MSRP. He tried to sweet talk his way out of it but I reminded him that I say I don't play games and I just walked out.

We went down to the Honda dealer and test drove a Civic. My GF liked the Civic a lot too, and it was essentially a wash between the two cars. So I asked them to give me a quote and they came in $1,000 under invoice right off the bat. That is the kind of dealer I like :)

So as it stands it looks like she is leaning towards the Civic more.

I'll be sure to come back and give you all updates if anything changes! Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Well, go with what you like and what you feel to be the better deal.

Whichever way you choose, best of luck.

Just remember, M3F is better then any Civic forum :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know where you're coming from though.

Mazda dealers are pretty sucky. I've noticed this when I went through trying to get a new car. But I test drove both and it was just the Mazda3 over the Civic plain and simple. Also the real trick is to deal directly with the internet department. Other than test driving and/or trade in value there is absolutely no reason you should step into a dealership in the modern world. Do all your negotiating via email.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
+1 dealing with the internet salesman is the only way to go
did all my negotiating on line
Edmunds.com was a very useful tool

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a brand new 09 i Touring Value, 5spd & floor mats, for $14,500 (with $500 loyalty rebate) last month. This was in Omaha, Nebraska.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
[quote author=AiRiN link=topic=136266.msg2949142#msg2949142 date=1235103734]
Best car in the price range. i did a fuckload of research before buyin mine.
[/quote]

AiRiN, check your PM. I sent you a message.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just picked up a 09 white mica 5 door grand touring automatic. Paid 20419. Sticker was 20450. I cannot get any better than 26 MPG. I commute 130 miles a day, about 10 of that in city traffic. I have been setting cruise on about 70-72. I really like the car, but the mileage is not good. Paid cash for the car, as soon as the title is in hand, it is going up for sale.

·
Registered
138 Posts
[quote author=ShawnCav link=topic=136266.msg2953861#msg2953861 date=1235328939]
I just picked up a 09 white mica 5 door grand touring automatic. Paid 20419. Sticker was 20450. I cannot get any better than 26 MPG. I commute 130 miles a day, about 10 of that in city traffic. I have been setting cruise on about 70-72. I really like the car, but the mileage is not good. Paid cash for the car, as soon as the title is in hand, it is going up for sale.
[/quote]

You are doing well for a slushbox 5 door. Pure city in my five speed is high 20's in the winter, low 30's in the summer. Oh, and not to drift...

17.5 for a sport Aurora Blue (one of the last) hatch. No options.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[/quote]
Keep in mind that you often don't quite get the mileage you'd expect out of a brand new engine. Break it in a bit more before you get worked up about it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
[/quote]This doesn't really seem like a very good idea. Your not gonna get full price for it, especially with dealers not only lowering the price a lot but also getting rebates, good financing, etc. It's gonna take a long time to make up what your losing in gas savings. Give the engine some miles, put some synthetic oil in and get a higher flow air filter. We have an auto 2.3L that gets around 25-26 around town 35 on the highway, which is pretty regular for this car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts