Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to checkout the secret screen on the new nav, found a speed sensor,it actual display your speed when your driving , they did not have that on the old navigation before , not sure what the gyro voltage means,

here some screen shots,

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mazda change manufacturer on the navigation, where before you can input address while the car is moving,

this new nav system no can do ,

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
[quote author=sgon link=topic=70622.msg1236540#msg1236540 date=1172606019]

Mazda change manufacturer on the navigation, where before you can input address while the car is moving,

this new nav system no can do ,
[/quote]

ok
you are telling me RIGHT NOW how you did that. :lol:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the secret screen

If I tell you , then I must kill you :lol:

Go to
navigation setting, look for calibration click ,then map version, click on that , now its show you the verision 2of the map , here what you do , move your jotstick up 2x and then move it down 2 times , basically up up and down down until the Diagnosis Menu pop up,

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
[quote author=sgon link=topic=70622.msg1238623#msg1238623 date=1172676491]
the secret screen

Go to
navigation setting, look for calibration click ,then map version, click on that , now its show you the verision of the map , here what you do , move your jotstick up 3x and then move it down 3 times , basically up up up and down down down until the Diagnosis Menu pop up,

[/quote]

HAHA... that's awesome, glad I didn't bring lunch to the office... I got an excuse to go out drive some and check this out.
THANK YOU. Now the other question would be... how in hell did you know about this? was it an accident????

.... or you got some insiders?? :wink:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
You mean it's not up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start?

·
Registered
438 Posts
[quote author=mndsm link=topic=70622.msg1238837#msg1238837 date=1172682062]
[/quote]

NO... it's up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start

·
Registered
203 Posts
[quote author=Insurance Guy link=topic=70622.msg1238897#msg1238897 date=1172683898]
[quote author=mndsm link=topic=70622.msg1238837#msg1238837 date=1172682062]
[/quote]

NO... it's up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start
[/quote]

Thats only if he has someone in the passenger seat. The first one is fine if he is driving solo.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
See, I knew what I was talking about. Maybe that's the 30mpg code. I'll ask Mazda.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
HAHAH 30 MPG is not that hard to get if you manage to keep her off turbo... :p ya... that easy to do... :(

I got that setup to work!!!! That's great.. many options in there. I love how you can now see your real speed and compare with your speedometer. Mine is 2mph off because of the tires maybe? 16" snow
It also tells you how many SATS you're getting position information from.
I wonder if the vehicles were supposed to come with the MIC thingy... manual says it and it looks like the system is ready to accept it; also talks about the "TRAFFIC SYSTEM"... is that to link it with the XM traffic channel and display bottlenecks on the GPS? that'd be cool to do with the stock unit.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[quote author=leofaye link=topic=70622.msg1238689#msg1238689 date=1172678047]
[quote author=sgon link=topic=70622.msg1238623#msg1238623 date=1172676491]
the secret screen

Go to
navigation setting, look for calibration click ,then map version, click on that , now its show you the verision of the map , here what you do , move your jotstick up 2x and then move it down 2 times , basically up up up and down down down until the Diagnosis Menu pop up,

[/quote]

HAHA... that's awesome, glad I didn't bring lunch to the office... I got an excuse to go out drive some and check this out.
THANK YOU. Now the other question would be... how in hell did you know about this? was it an accident????

.... or you got some insiders?? :wink:
[/quote]

it actually up up and down down

Its cool now we have degital speedemeter, it has a pusle reading as well , it a live :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a nav on my 04 mazda 3 it is know by navigation owners about the secret screen , but Im surprise to see that there acctuall a digital speedemeter that works , not sure if guys with nav has discover that yet post away spread the word to 3 5 6 8 they got the same nav as we do i think

·
Registered
329 Posts
This is pretty cool, thanks for the tip sgon.

Question: is there any way to get out of this while driving? I tried everything and it seems that once you get to this secret menu, you can't get back to the regular menu without turning the car off then on.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
hm none of the images work anymore? :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts