Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally installed my set of new rotors and pads all around. Below are some pics. Didnt take too much...sorry.

After installing and breaking them in, i find this set up very good. IT doesnt feel spongey or anything at all. Stopping power definetely increased a large amount. I would recommend this set up to anybody who is going to change rotors or pads.

My set up:

-EBC front + rear slotted/drilled sport rotors
- HAWK HPS performance pads

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Looks good.

any chance you could post pics of the rotors with the tires on......I have been looking to the EBC....just not sure on the gold rotors.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
^ yeah especially with that soon to be extra power

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all! yea the packaging isnt the best. lool. but i will try and get some pics up with tires. ITs kinda hard because its snowing like hell here.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
ahh thanks for the link sammifan....looks good with your rims. I would imagine they look good on the blue too.

just not sure with my silver...may clash to much

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sammifan, does the gold finish hold up to lots of use? I was thinking of black rotors with gold powdercoated calipers... Bronze rims some time.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
^ nice combo

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went with the HPS pads because i heard a lot of mixed reviews on the greenstuff pads. That they squeak a lot and stuff. but either way, its still a good combo. and EBC definitely makes a good set of rotors.

·
Registered
825 Posts
[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=67346.msg1158532#msg1158532 date=1169248518]
Sammifan, does the gold finish hold up to lots of use? I was thinking of black rotors with gold powdercoated calipers... Bronze rims some time.
[/quote]

I guess they're holding up pretty good, can't really tell since I have steelies installed for winter. Had them on for around 4 months before winter came and the gold colour only faded a bit.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Nice setup. I'm interested in seeing them with the tires on as well.

As for the ebc greenstuff pads, they look horrendous. Nothing against the quality of them, I just don't like the green color. Clashes bad!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was wondering, are there any special sockets or tools that I need to take off the calipers.
I just got the EBC Rotors and pads.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts