·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mazda Binder is the manual and stuff. It came with the car. Cool huh.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Lucky bastard not having to put on a front plate AND having dark tint :evil:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My tint is 13% all around. I was going to get 25% but the place I got it done only had 35%, 13%, and 6%. So I wanted at least 25 so I just went with the 13. Although I am happy with it now. It has been so hot in Southern Cali lately that the tint has saved me a few times already. The leather is not burning my legs off. Thank God.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeah, um, the front plate will get you pulled over, as will that tint. It looks really nice, but assuming you drive the car, it will be a ticket magnet, and fix-it tickets are expensive in multiple quantities. That's about a 20 percent tint, right? It's legal on the back windows, but those front windows are just going to antagonize any police officer who isn't actively chasing a bank robber. And the yellow only serves to draw more unwanted attention to the car by the police. Now, let me reiterate before you get upset, that I really like the black and yellow contrast. It sort of reminds me of a bee, with the yellow body and black stripes.

·
Registered
519 Posts
the tint looks great! i wished for 20% but in the interests of resale had to stick to 35%, which is good practically, but not so much aesthetically.

i agree with SBTanMan, looks quite keen ala a hornet or a bee - natures danger colours! ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that I will get a ticket but I dont know when, so I am going to keep the front tint until I do get one. About the front plate, I am from Oregon, so the car is licensed there so I think in Oregon you dont have to have the front plate. So if a cop pulls me over then I will just say that the law is different in Oregon. But right now I havent even got the plates yet so I dont have to have them on anyway. About the window tint- well I dont know if the southern cali cops care. So many things going on, Only the CHPs care about window tint.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You might just get a warning if your driver's license is from Oregon and the car really is registered there, but with California in a budget crisis, you know cops are looking to make some money for the state and their local municipalities. I mean, I'm going illegal on my front windows, but only about a 50 percent at most, maybe the same all the way around. The darker it is, the cooler it looks and the more likely you are to pull a big ticket. I don't know the law for Oregon in regards to that front plate, but, at least in theory, when you operate a vehicle in a different state, the vehicle has to operate up to their minimum standards, not your home state's rules. Again, I'll bet you probably won't get a ticket if you drive safely, but if you have a heavy foot, don't be mad when you get a ticket for that and then a fix-it ticket that requires you to remove your beautiful tint job. Now, if you really want to get away with it, just get a doctor to say you have light sensitivity. If you have a certified note that says that the tint is necessary for your health, you're golden. Me, I'm going to try for that the moment my health insurance through work kicks in. mmm, breaking the law and looking good doing it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey that is a good idea, my best friend from Oregon is a lazer eye surgeon. I can for sure get a note from him. How does that work though, you just have the note upon request. I dont understand?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well, I think it looks damn good. Maybe even worth the ticket. Anyway, I say keep it unless or until you get stopped. Looks good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts