Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got asked "Why is your car so low? Why did you get those wheels? It's not a racecar. You are just going to hit speedbumps and stuff. A family car isn't supposed to be like that."

Discuss? Thought it would be interesting to see what negative reactions you guys get (if any) to your modded cars.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=ahanix1989 link=topic=208759.msg4209495#msg4209495 date=1332935057]
"so people don't think I'm driving my mom's car"

Damn mercury and your 50 year old secretary drivers
[/quote]

Lulz

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=kenpogeorge link=topic=208759.msg4209480#msg4209480 date=1332931886]
Discuss? Thought it would be interesting to see what negative reactions you guys get (if any) to your modded cars.
[/quote]

LOL, I've gotten half a dozen compliments on my Soul since I added new wheels. Granted, they were all from middle aged women, but whatever. :lol:

When I had wheels and springs on my Milan, no one ever said anything but I could tell they always had to look twice in an effort to figure out WTF kind of car it was.

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=208759.msg4209507#msg4209507 date=1332937221]
[quote author=kenpogeorge link=topic=208759.msg4209480#msg4209480 date=1332931886]
[/quote]

LOL, I've gotten half a dozen compliments on my Soul since I added new wheels. Granted, they were all from middle aged women, but whatever. :lol:

When I had wheels and springs on my Milan, no one ever said anything but I could tell they always had to look twice in an effort to figure out WTF kind of car it was.
[/quote]

Hi fatabbot. :wavey: Hey, always remember: If you are lucky enough to live a long and healthy life, the day will come when you will deeply appreciate complements from middle aged women (or any woman, for that matter). :lmao:

Good luck my friend! :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
This was always a problem for me. I had a Milan with maybe $5k in mods. Nobody really even knew it but me. When people would find out how much I loved cars they'd ask what I drive and I always had to answer Mercury Milan. It used to kill me. I enjoyed modding it greatly, but I feel your pain.

·
Registered
127 Posts
the company hired a new guy this month when i arrive a the shop he saw me coming out of my Fusion. he ask me if i am the owner of the shop or in the administration staff or something :shock: i said no, im your co-worker :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts