Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

Just bought my mazda exactly one day ago and today i come to figure out that my back left door doesnt respond to the locking and unlocking buttons of my keyless remote OR the inside car lock and unlock button. Also the trunk latch inside my car used to open the trunk doesnt do its job either....anyone have any thoughts or quick fixes? If not ill just be taking it in to fix but it is quite interesting after just one day.

Thanks,

Danny

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Sounds like things were unplugged for whatever reason.

I would swing it by the dealer and have them check it out, since you only had it for a day or so.

·
Registered
145 Posts
There is a switch at the trunk lock to prevent it from being opened from the inside lever near the driver. Check your manual.

The rear door lock might have been disabled as a "child lock" feature. Check the manual about that as well.

If that isn't the case, you might have a cut wire somewhere. But that is why we have a nice four year warranty.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Good way to check if the child lock on the rear doors is on:
1. Make sure the door is unlocked
2. Try to open the door from the inside (should not open)
3. Try to open the door from the outside (should open)

The manual should have the place where you can turn the child lock on and off. Almost every car manufacturer has them in the same place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.