Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that for the past week whenever I unlock my car all my doors would unlock except for the rear passenger side lock. Past few days were cold, but the days previous were not all that cold. And I haven't had this problem all winter until recently.

Manually unlocking the door doesn't work becuase it feels like the lock is jammed into the locked position (button doesn't budge at all). It doesn't do this all the time, if I'm lucky the lock will unlock, but it's highly variable when it will.

Anyone experience this problem with their 3? I know it's mechanical in nature, but trying to figure out if it has to do with the cold. It's hard to believe it does since none of my other locks are effected and even leaving the problem door facing the sun this weekend (outside temp ~ -2 celcius) did not help.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I had this problem with the 3 when I brought it to the car wash (wiped the entire car down indoors) causing a lot of moisture into the locks and froze after bringing it out of the car wash. Then repeatedly trying to open with the power door locks caused my driver's door to stop locking.....basically the reverse effect as you. Its a pretty expensive fix, so I hope yours cures itself.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Mine does that after a car wash as well. The rear doors would not unlock and I would have to wait an hour or so before it would work again. It's caused by the moisture, and the winters here don't help either.

Only thing I can suggest is to lock/unlock the doors while you're driving home after a car wash, help keep the moisture from freezing up...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand about the moisture issue ... but this happened just out of the blue. I have not taken it to a car wash

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I'd recommend the stealership.....bring lots of cash with you. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
just find some cheep/free indoor heated parking and go shopping for a hour or so. That should warm it up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts